Acura TSX Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
i did the same on mine with a 200cel cat, plus it means you can put the positions for the sensors in the right place

·
Registered
390 Posts
Has anyone tried a performance-oriented 2.5" in/out muffler that is NOT a straight through design? I bet the noise of this header and a test pipe would be cut down a lot, and the power loss be non-existant. Exhaust gasses lose a lot of their energy by the time they get to the muffler.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Has anyone tried a performance-oriented 2.5" in/out muffler that is NOT a straight through design? I bet the noise of this header and a test pipe would be cut down a lot, and the power loss be non-existant. Exhaust gasses lose a lot of their energy by the time they get to the muffler.
nope, mine above is with a skunk2. and yea its mega LOUD!

·
Registered
89 Posts
hey guys great thread just wanted to put my input the noise level im using 2 vibrant mufflers 2.5 inlet on each and i luv the way the car sounds. Ive had every muffler u can think of from magnaflow,cherry bomb, flowmaster etc. Then i found the vibrant and used it on my all motor teggy and luv it. So i put them on my tsx they cost me 100 a muffler and welded them in and sounds great, nice deep tone no rasp and it looks like a factory muffler

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the PLM Tri-Y header and Test pipe on for a few weeks now with stock exhaust and I love it! I had the Hondata reflash in since last year and this header has woke up the sleeping giant. Power is better all over, can now feel VTEC engauge (which i know is not optimal).

I agree with those that say header + test pipe = raspy "air leaking" noise, because I inspected the joints and I can't see leaks anywhere (indicated by carbon).

$0.02

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bro I just got mine today for my 07 TSX, however idk why it’s different, it doesn’t have the nice weapon r badge on top like yours and it doesn’t have the hanger, and really surprised that this didn’t come with the header gasket so hopefully a store near me has it, I’ll be installing it this weeknd, so far I have the weapon r intake & the yonaka catback exhaust, I’ll tell the guys at the exhaust shop to give me the catalytic converter In case it’s too loud and maybe I’ll find somewhere that will do it custom and put it back on because I really don’t want it to be too loud.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
64 Participants
Faithnomore
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing