Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently starting experiencing a weird problem with my 2004 6MT tsx. When I engage the clutch in 1st or reverse, as soon as I hit the engagement point, the car will engage and accelerate like I was pushing the throttle...only I am not.

I can literally get my car to start driving without ever hitting the throttle. I searched this forum for any similar experiences but didn't find anything. Anyone have any ideas?

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
This is normal. Not sure about other brands, but all the Honda/Acura's I've driven do this. It is more evident with cars that have more torque, pressing the gas aspect of engagement is to ensure the car doesn't out from the added weight of the flywheel/etc.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Like others have said. This is actually how my pop taught me about the engagement point when I was learning manual. It will be extremely easier to accelerate without the throttle on a cold motor as the idle is higher.

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
Like others have said. This is actually how my pop taught me about the engagement point when I was learning manual. It will be extremely easier to accelerate without the throttle on a cold motor as the idle is higher.
Yup. That's how I teach people to start to drive a manual. Find flat land, and then get the car moving without using the gas. Do that enough times and the engagement point becomes obvious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts