Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 04 tsx base, with 146,000 mines and was serviced by honda before purchase.

the problem that occur was weird, i was going up a steep hill and it felt like the car didnt want to move so i taught it needed more gas so i step on the gas a little more, still no result. so i quickly watched my temperature gauge while i floor it and the temperature increases and i stopped the car, and turn the engine off.

I checked the coolant - it was full
i check the oil - it was good and still clean
No check engine light came on or main Req. light was on
i changed the plugs since they need to change
i checked my tranny fluid level.

few days ago i open op on a small stretch and the temp gauge went up as far as half mark.
So am thinking, water pump or injector can be bad. but the radiator was still full to the rim.

So i need some help, anyone had this issue or experience something different? let me know am about to purchase i new WP. Thanks

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
sounds like your running lean, anyone you know have a wide band you can use for a day lol?

Try running some seafoam in the gas tank or some other injector cleaner, might help. GL
I would seafoam the injecctors on top of the whole can in your gas tank. Might be best to scan to see if you have any codes on your thermostat too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so you think its the injectors? if so iam ready to purcase new ones.
Ok problem Solved, I took the car to Honda and the did a full inspection and found that the radiator fan (right, if facing engine) motor was going bad.

So that cause the engine to heat up as well.

Here a another thing that also lead to this:

if you have ur engine running with the AC on, and the temperature needle goes up about 3/4 and stays there, you might want to check the fans.

thanks again guys!!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
I had a problem with my fan rely, and it sure does heat up quick without them..

Glad you were able to fix this problem!!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
:tu: Good thing this one was caught before you overheated the motor beyond repair

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.