Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I headed out to do some shopping at the mall today (Westfarms in Farmington CT in anyone is local) and I parked near the back of the lot like I always do. There were no other cars at the far end except for a CG TSX. I picked a spot a couple a spaces away and headed in.

When I came out of the the mall, I spot this dude looking underneath my car :surprised. He's on his hands and knees checking out my rims or maybe wondering how I can drive around with the car practically dragging on the road :D. I was pretty far away, and I wanted to get his attention so we could rap about our rides. I thought about hitting the panic, but opted instead to pop the trunk so as not to startle him too much.

Well, I guess it scared him anyway, because the next thing I know, he's standing back to look at the car, and he notices the trunk open. He scoots over to the CG and hops in, and he's gone before I can talk to him.

So, if you're here, nice ride, looked really good!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
HAHaa...... I wish that was my CG....so i could be the weirdo checking out your ride....:laugh:....

how low did you lower your car? 3"?... dragging on the floor.....nice~ show us a pic, maybe that guy will remember!....hahah

you are lucky he's not a hobo, or if you pop your trunk....he could've just took whatever it was in your truck :king:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
lol :rofl:

thats funny, I wonder what really made him spooked, he must have been getting ideas for his own TSX.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Hey that's me!....NOT...lol.
Westfarms eh ? My brother lives in Canton.
Did you get your TSX from that dealer there ?

·
9,175 Posts
maybe that dude thought some guy is coming out of the trunk....ghost? hahaha

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Bon Ami test............

Benz_05TSX said:
HAHaa...... I wish that was my CG....so i could be the weirdo checking out your ride....:laugh:....

how low did you lower your car? 3"?... dragging on the floor.....nice~ show us a pic, maybe that guy will remember!....hahah

you are lucky he's not a hobo, or if you pop your trunk....he could've just took whatever it was in your truck :king:
I bet a guy at work that he couldn't roll a can of Bon Ami cleanser underneath my car.......basically the same as a can of soda; about 2.75" in diameter.

Here are the results.......

I'm dropped about 2", plus another .2" lower due to the smaller 225/45/17s.....3" would be nuts!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
robert_tsxgeek said:
Hey that's me!....NOT...lol.
Westfarms eh ? My brother lives in Canton.
Did you get your TSX from that dealer there ?
Acura of Avon. Mine didn't come from there, but I have gotten cars there in the past.....

·
9,175 Posts
that's 2 inch?? wow.....I never knew 2" is that low.....hahaha....if a can can't even roll across.....how to you get over bumpers??

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've yet to scrape the chassis or any of the aero pieces, and no rubbing in the wheel wells either. And my apron on my driveway is fairly steep. After I first lowered it, I was really careful, but as time goes on and I haven't rubbed, my boldness has increased and I've started driving fairly normally, and still no problems......

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
my friends daily driver, can't even fit your feet under it, daily drving is like a test in skills everytime you drive that car.

they have a whole list of routes and places where they can and cannot go...
if it's that much trouble, why do people do it?? :donno: :donno:

·
9,175 Posts
Because it looks COOL....... hahhaa

and lowering the car lowers the center gravity of the car, so basically, less rolling when you sharp turn.......Cyde, i think you need to lower your car.

normally, if you only lower 1.5 - 2" with no kit.....then you will be fine all over the place....just don't go too fast~

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
Because it looks COOL....... hahhaa

and lowering the car lowers the center gravity of the car, so basically, less rolling when you sharp turn.......
Lol, thats not the Real Reason, Too Lazy to get into Physics right now, but thats not the real reason Lowering a Car is bennificial,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts