Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ahead and ordered an '05 TSX 6 speed in Artic Blue pearl. I should be getting it in about 13-16 weeks, which is fine by me as I don't want it to see snow until after I have it for a while. Paid $26,100 for it before tax, title, etc. Not too bad for a small local dealership.

Now, gotta get the A-Spec suspension, underbody spoiler kit, and a trunk lip spoiler. I'm pretty stoked.

Anyway, looking forward to joining the TSX family.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Congrats on your new ABP TSX, TodaSi!:woot:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
:woot: congrats!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
TodaSi said:
I went ahead and ordered an '05 TSX 6 speed in Artic Blue pearl. I should be getting it in about 13-16 weeks, which is fine by me as I don't want it to see snow until after I have it for a while. Paid $26,100 for it before tax, title, etc. Not too bad for a small local dealership.

Now, gotta get the A-Spec suspension, underbody spoiler kit, and a trunk lip spoiler. I'm pretty stoked.

Anyway, looking forward to joining the TSX family.
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Is that price with NAVI?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.

And no, that is the price without NAV. :shy:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats TodaSi !
13-16 weeks is a long time to wait but I agree with you on the snow issue.
I picked mine up last April so at least I got one summer in. Now when I see salt on my car I feel like :bawling:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
sixspeed said:
Congrats TodaSi !
13-16 weeks is a long time to wait but I agree with you on the snow issue.
I picked mine up last April so at least I got one summer in. Now when I see salt on my car I feel like :bawling:
Congrats!
I agree with 6spd about the 13-16 weeks -- WOW that's a long time!
And what I'd worry about too -- you know like when you go to Applebee's or Olive Garden and they tell you it's gonna be "30 minutes"?
I think y'know where we're going here......I might be willing to deal with 30 minutes, but sometimes the 30 minutes is 60 minutes.

Can you be sure it won't be even more???
I don't think I'd ever like 13-16 weeks for a car, plus I wouldn't be sure I could count on it being even that.
Do you have anything like a reliable guarantee from them? Not that I have any idea if there is such a thing (I don't think there is).
Like, if they say you can get your deposit back if you don't have the car by then......you can generally do that regardless.

P.S. If it was me, I wouldn't worry for a second about snow/salt etc. I'd want THE CAR!!! :nod:

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Congrat bud....but you know what REALLY sucks...??

IT'S THE DAMN WAITING TIME...I waited for almost 2-3 weeks....and everyday was painful..

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
Congrat bud....but you know what REALLY sucks...??

IT'S THE DAMN WAITING TIME...I waited for almost 2-3 weeks....and everyday was painful..
If you reeeeeeeeally wanna compare waiting times...

I waited 1 year, 7 months and 7 days before buying the TSX. Beat that. :)

Oh, and welcome to the club, TodaSi! :wavey:

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
larchmont said:
And I waited all my life for it. :D
Fine, you win, especially considering you're a gazillion years old. :D

A

·
0 Posts
Is 13-16 weeks a common wait? Or is it because of the rarity of ABP? Or the fact that you live in a small town? (I'm a prospective TSX buyer at this point, deciding between 325i, TSX and STi). I'm really liking the TSX and hoping to own one aroudn June :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
agamarian said:
Is 13-16 weeks a common wait? Or is it because of the rarity of ABP? Or the fact that you live in a small town? (I'm a prospective TSX buyer at this point, deciding between 325i, TSX and STi). I'm really liking the TSX and hoping to own one aroudn June :)

I ordered an ABP/6MT/Navi the first week of January and they told me April (~12 wks.)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
From what we've heard, it's NOT a common wait.
If that's what it is now, it would mean the TSX has gotten hotter than it ever was, and it would probably mean that pretty soon it will be hard or impossible to get discounts on the car.

Note that I'm saying "WOULD" mean -- i.e. I have doubts that this is a common wait.

But what HAS BEEN common is people having to wait longer than promised.

·
Registered
40 Posts
larchmont said:
From what we've heard, it's NOT a common wait.
If that's what it is now, it would mean the TSX has gotten hotter than it ever was, and it would probably mean that pretty soon it will be hard or impossible to get discounts on the car.

Not that I'm saying "WOULD" mean -- i.e. I have doubts that this is a common wait.

But what HAS BEEN common is people having to wait longer than promised.
I'm hoping my dealer underestimated the wait in the past, and has decided to error on the side of late as opposed to early. Nothing like a customer expecting something, and to find out it's not going to happen. But "happily surprised" when it comes early could be good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts