Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been looking for a CGP 6-speed on ebony w/o navi. Basically we called around to 5 dealers to see if they could find us one. One called back on Mon. and said they found one in the whole state but they still didn't know if it was a demo yet or not but we could come in and work out the price. Anyways after much hageling we were getting close to the price we want $25K (they're at $25,700) but we left they said that they'd be willing to split the difference w/ us, so it would be $25,350. So we left it there for now and they said they'd called today to make sure it wasn't a demo etc. and work out the price a little more. He said the car was in Sanford FL which is on the East coast & we're on the West.

Here's the kicker!! I checked online at Courtesy Acura in Sanford which is the only one that comes up in that city on Acura's website. I checked their inventory and the car is new but it's AUTOMATIC. So I don't know if this guy is just pulling us in and planning to tell us later "oops it's auto. instead of manual but you should buy it." I know there's a good possibility that he uses a different system than just the regular net but do you all think that maybe he's trying to reel us in so that we buy the car even though it's not the one we want?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
I don't think an Acura dealer would do that...other model dealers different story.
That info on Courtesy site may be wrong.
so I doubt he'd pull that old trick to waste your and his time.

I would say 2004 CGP+Ebony+MT+No-Nav is probly the most rare ones left.
Also suggest you give the Nav some serious consideration IF they are willing to give good deal.
Do a search on Navigation discussion and you will get the idea.

WELCOME to the forum :wavey:
Best luck !

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert. You're probably right. We'll see what they say when they call us back today. I hope it works out! If so I'll have my baby real soon!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
But dealers can make mistakes.

Or, as we've discovered (unfortunately), sometimes really just BS somebody in such a way -- basically an attempted bait-and-switch, hoping it will work.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the Club flfungirl :wavey:
Please keep us posted as to how it goes :thumbsup:
Joker - who would also get the navi, as I love mine :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
Also suggest you give the Nav some serious consideration IF they are willing to give good deal.
Do a search on Navigation discussion and you will get the idea.

WELCOME to the forum :wavey:
Best luck !

Agreed, you will very likely regret not getting navi.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
vp911 said:
Agreed, you will very likely regret not getting navi.
yeah...like me :bawling:

BTW, welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, glad to be here. Last night the salesman called and said that there was someone else who is really interested in the vehicle and that his manger won't go below $25,692 (although the night b/f he said he'd be willing to go down to $25,350). He basically kept my husband on the phone for awhile babbeling probably thinking that we'd just jump and say sure we'll take it now. Then he says well let me call the dealership where the car is at and find out how interested this other person is....uumm didn't he just say that's what he did already. We're gonna call him today and offer $25,350 and that's final. Hopefully this works. Sure it may only be $350 but hey to us regular people out there every penny counts. Especially when you're paying cash and not financing. If we do get the car it will be here the 1st week of Dec. I'll keep you all posted!

BTW...we don't see the need for a navi. $2K is alot for something we'd probably barely use. It's pretty and everything but if we got it it'd probably just be a toy. Frankly, I'd rather spend the $2K on my house :eek:)

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
hmm I am beginning to not like that dealer.
Have you ever met him in person ?
I got a feeling you guys problly showed too much "emotion" & appeared too wanting.
and he's playing to his advantage.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I love my navi... I would really go with Joker and check it out. I never have to touch any controls to turn on or adjust...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately the dealer was not lying to us. The TSX sold on Friday. I'm so ticked. Oh well, another dealer in Lakeland about the same distance from us said they're getting a shipment in of a couple 6 speeds but they're black on black instead of carbon on black. I love the look of black cars but I'm kinda nervous about getting one b/c they're so hard to keep clean and you can see every kind of scratch in them!

We'll see. If the guys willing to give us a great deal I might consider the black. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
549 Posts
:( Dealers suck! Hopefully you will like one that the other dealer has coming in. You will LOVE the car. IMO it is the best car in the segment.

·
Registered
333 Posts
That reminds me of when I was negotiating on getting my Arctic Blue Euro, my fiance and I had pretty much decided on the color, (we saw way too many charcoals and silvers around so we decided on the blue which I might add was a good choice, we get alot of compliments on the color!) Anyway, we wanted to have a look at the color in person, so we called Honda's head office down here in Australia and they told us their office in my city had one on the lot! We rushed down there in anticipation only to find that they didn't have an Arctic Blue Euro that had been released to the shipping yard at all! The lady there had confused it with that Indigo Blue which looks more like a purple!

This wasn't the end of the story, apon choosing the right color and starting to deal with my dealer, we were told that they did a search and there was one in a suburb around 50 k's from where we live, so we put in a order to get it sent from the other dealer to our dealer. Of course we were excited about its arrival and were told it would be here in a matter of days, and that they would need to keep it for a day to fit the spoiler and tint the Windows! We called a couple of days later to check the progress only to be told that at the last second, on the same day we organised the deal, the car had been sold to someone else! Now that car had been at that dealer for over a month, we saw the car advertised online, and just by chance, on the same day we organized the deal and did the paperwork, someone else rocked up and bought it? We ended up having to wait over a month for Honda to ship another one down to Australia in their next shipment!

Coincedense or not?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Man... don't dealers piss everybody off? Sadly they can't be honest about everything. I'm sure some of you have heard of carmax (I know they have a couple in the Chicago area)... they have no haggle pricing... the price they have is what you get. I hear they are pretty good about things.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
vp911 said:
Man... don't dealers piss everybody off? Sadly they can't be honest about everything. I'm sure some of you have heard of carmax (I know they have a couple in the Chicago area)... they have no haggle pricing... the price they have is what you get. I hear they are pretty good about things.
Once you've signed the papers, the dealer doesn't give a crap about you in most cases, I must admit however that my dealer in Montreal (Galeries Acura) is quite good. They've pissed me off a few times, but we've always managed to find solutions to problems.

·
Registered
549 Posts
tradsf said:
Once you've signed the papers, the dealer doesn't give a crap about you in most cases,

Sad but true. Although, I must say that our Lexus dealer is pretty good about everything. We leased a rx300 in 2002 for 4 years (god only knows why we did a 4 year lease)... but our sales rep still calls once in a while to see if everything is ok. he probably just wants us to remember him for future needs... but he sounds genuinly caring about everything.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
vp911 said:
Sad but true. Although, I must say that our Lexus dealer is pretty good about everything. We leased a rx300 in 2002 for 4 years (god only knows why we did a 4 year lease)... but our sales rep still calls once in a while to see if everything is ok. he probably just wants us to remember him for future needs... but he sounds genuinly caring about everything.
Lexus is renowned for its after-sales service.

·
Registered
549 Posts
tradsf said:

Yep, it's too bad the other dealers don't learn from them. I think it would help them A LOT in the long run. My acura dealer wasn't really bad... oh well who am I lying to, the selling dealer was terrible. The dealer I went to for service was pretty good...until they destroyed my tsx :'( But they immediately took care of the problem...so I can't really complain about them.

I do love in the lexus dealer, whenever we go in there the receptionist always is trying to shove food down our throats and just about anything to drink. It's great :)

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
tradsf said:
the opposite for Acura....Acura dealer after-sales service in general SUCKS

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
the opposite for Acura....Acura dealer after-sales service in general SUCKS
I couldn't agree with Robert more :thumbsdow
Joker - who has received much better service from Honda

1 - 20 of 20 Posts