Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,

Just trying to catch up on some write ups and thought that this would be appropriateish for TSX Club. Not a ton of pics this time but I really do love this color.

Anyway I was contacted by the owner who had recently purchased this Kinetic Blue Pearl TL type S saying that he had just bought and installed the A Spec body kit and that he now wanted to get the paint etc in the best shape possible. I advised him on a 1 stage polish due to circumstances and we finally figured out a date.

Which brings us here...

It was delivered close to dawn and I didn't want to wait until the morning to get started so I began prepping the car in the dark.

Starting with the engine as usual.I sprayed on some Blitz APC.

Agitated some areas with build up.

Then blew dry, dressed, and started the car to let the engine warm up and evaporate any water still sitting.

Moving on to the rims I applied Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner and started on the inner barrel with my EZ Brush.

Used my Race Glaze Brush to clean the lugnuts and calipers.

And a microfibre mitt to clean the rim face.

With all of that out of the way I could finally start washing the car.

2 bucket method with a natural sea sponge was used to clean the panels. Rinsing the dirt off my sponge after every panel or half a panel in the water only bucket.

Rinsed off the car.

Then brought it in the garage to dry with my new microfibre towel that I am finding to be much more better then my previous waffle weave towels.

Clayed the paint before polishing and was picking up a little bit of contaminants but nothing to crazy.

I masked off the car, then measured the paint which for some reason I can't explain did not take pictures of.

Finally began polishing and the combination used was the PC with a green Lake Country pad and M205.

Here are the befores and afters.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Before

After

After the polishing I unmasked the car and cleaned up the left over residue and then ipa wiped down the car.

Here are some results of my work with no wax on yet. lol I emailed these photos to the owner and he showed them to his girlfriend who couldn't believe it and tried to say my work was photoshopped or it was some sort of trick lol.

Also double checked my work with my new Infratech which omits the same spectrum light as the sun.

No swirls

Finally waxed the car with Autoglym HD.

And while the wax was curing dressed the tires and cleaned the windows.

And now finally the finished pics in all their glory.

Trust me polishing in the cold is never fun but one thing I loved was... with the snow being on the ground, it was making some great reflection pics on the paint!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

And the last pic to complete the walk around.

And my personal favorite 2 pics.

I know there is no snow yet in some places so please forgive me for being the "bearer of bad news" by reminding you guys that it is just around the corner.... but at least the car looked shiney. :santa:

Cheers,
Wes

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Few points:

1. Great work! For a 1 step you almost got 100% paint correction.
2. I see you used a green pad and m205. Did you induce some hazing given hondas soft clear that needed another pass to remove?
3. +1 on using autogylm HD. Great wax :). Bsed on the buffer trails I assume you used the PC and a red pad?
4. I always wanted and still want a TL type S those years :\

Great work again.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Paint is 3D yo!!!

Very nice job. I can't wait for summer to come around so I can spend a perfect day with my TSX, rubbing on it, spraying white stuff on it, using a vibrator on it that oscillates at 5k per minute, lifting up its carriage so I can get all in it.....you get the point.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Great job Wes.

I can vouch for this guy. I've gone to him twice and will definitely go back.

Is the owner planning to store the car over the winter? Otherwise, why detail it now?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Few points:

1. Great work! For a 1 step you almost got 100% paint correction.
2. I see you used a green pad and m205. Did you induce some hazing given hondas soft clear that needed another pass to remove?
3. +1 on using autogylm HD. Great wax :). Bsed on the buffer trails I assume you used the PC and a red pad?
4. I always wanted and still want a TL type S those years :\

Great work again.
1.Thanks! Yes I did.
2.No hazing, I slow down the speed and pressure on the last 2 passes to refine the finish.
3.I applied it by hand.
4.lol me too.

wow great reflections with the snow!

and i think with the green pad, its possible to finish with a one step without hazing since its a heavier polishing pad
Thanks. Yes I used the green pad that is inbetween the white and orange.

Nice Work.
Thanks!

Paint is 3D yo!!!

Very nice job. I can't wait for summer to come around so I can spend a perfect day with my TSX, rubbing on it, spraying white stuff on it, using a vibrator on it that oscillates at 5k per minute, lifting up its carriage so I can get all in it.....you get the point.
No glasses needed!!!

lol Sounds like fun:leghump:

Man I Love that color!
Me too. Even the name sounds special.

Beautiful job! That's what my TSX needs.
Thanks! All our cars need this once in awhile if your a car guy.

Amazing!!!
Thanks!

simply amazing.
Thanks!

:)

Great job, and that type s is perfect as is.
Type Shiney

nice wish i had a garage!
Thanks.

Great job Wes.

I can vouch for this guy. I've gone to him twice and will definitely go back.

Is the owner planning to store the car over the winter? Otherwise, why detail it now?
Hey Will!

No storing, lol and why not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.