Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently my lock actuator broke on the front passenger side. I purchased a new OEM actuator and set about removing the door cover. I got it off and all I had to do was remove the three screws that held up the lock assembly that is attached to the actuator. I removed two of the screws, after almost stripping them, but thoroughly stripped the third and final screw.

I tried drilling into it and using an extractor, but I can't get enough torque manually or with the drill. I'm trying to figure out how to remove it without having to take it into a shop.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Looks like you might need a new door :(

:jk: Post #3 with some of Post #2 should do the trick. If that fails head on over to Kevin's.

·
Registered
834 Posts
^agreed with all good suggestions. Have you tried using a bigger screwdriver? It SEEMS like you might have been using one smaller than needed.

·
Registered
550 Posts
touch it with some heat......prolly got some loctite in there. then take one of the above suggestions.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I heard Kevin's Auto Shop sucks.

·
&#22235;&#19990;
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like you might need a new door :(

:jk: Post #3 with some of Post #2 should do the trick. If that fails head on over to Kevin's.
That's messed up man. :squint: :laugh:

Any size screwdriver just won't catch. I've used smaller screwdrivers with no success.

·
&#22235;&#19990;
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Impact screwdriver did the job! Thanks everyone! +rep for useful comments, minus BluLabel for scaring the crap out of me. :laugh:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The video in this post seems to warn against using an impact screwdriver, although I can't discern exactly what.

Is there a right way and wrong way to use one? Also, does anyone have the part number for the screw?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts