Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys and girls, I currently own an RSX base model with alot of mods, so It's not you average base, she's got some power. I'm fixing to trade for a TSX 6sp. You guys tell me what kinda power the TSX has. Not the spec's... The real deal. I'm talking balls to the wall stoplight to stoplight , and smack it into 3rd highway driving. Honestly, do you guys think you could completly waste me in my RSX. Put it this way, my base model is as fast or faster than a Type-s RSX.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hahaha, dude, swappin out the K20A3 for a K24A2? I have a Civic Si EP3 and I am doing that later on this month. The engine ships on the 15th, should be here around xmas. I'll be the first one to attempt this swap. I'll let you know how it goes. If it works in the EP it will work in the DC.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't think he's talking about an engine swap, I think he's talking about trading the car in on a TSX. I could be mistaken, though.

I've done an engine swap - 2.4l DOHC from a Stratus into my wife's Neon - and pioneering like that is not an experience I'd care to repeat, even though it came out fine and woke the car right up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Duke said:
I don't think he's talking about an engine swap, I think he's talking about trading the car in on a TSX. I could be mistaken, though.

I've done an engine swap - 2.4l DOHC from a Stratus into my wife's Neon - and pioneering like that is not an experience I'd care to repeat, even though it came out fine and woke the car right up.
OOOOO k. This swap should be pretty simple. The mounts are the same, we just need to use the stock throttle body from the EP (no throttle by wire) and have a custom fab header to make up for the 9mm difference in valve cover height.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
The TSX has 200 bhp and 166 lb-ft of torque. Coming from a Dodge Ram SRT-10 with 500 bhp and 525 lb-ft, you will NOT be happy with the power.

·
Registered
134 Posts
well Type S RSX is 210Hp and TSX is 200 so I do not think you are going to see much of a difference - could be even worse since I suspect the TSX to be heavier than the RSX.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
bongo667 said:
Ok guys and girls, I currently own an RSX base model with alot of mods, so It's not you average base, she's got some power. I'm fixing to trade for a TSX 6sp. You guys tell me what kinda power the TSX has. Not the spec's... The real deal. I'm talking balls to the wall stoplight to stoplight , and smack it into 3rd highway driving. Honestly, do you guys think you could completly waste me in my RSX. Put it this way, my base model is as fast or faster than a Type-s RSX.
The TSX will be slower. The TSX is not the right car for "balls to the wall stoplight to stoplight, and smack it into 3rd highway driving." It's slow. I suggest you go with a Subaru Legacy GT.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Its Comparable to a RSX-S...just think of the TSX as not having to rev really high to feel the power of the car like you will with the RSX-S. The RSX-S is slightly faster but you'll love the TSX more.. I think you may like it more than your Base RSX..and even more if you get a TSX and decide to Mod it..I've found that my TSX feels faster than it use to..for what it is, it has some balls..everytime i push the car i wonder how it would be with more power because it has a nice feeling to it as is!..If the TSX was under 3,000lbs it would be as fast as or faster than a RSX-S.. Can't go wrong with a TSX though.

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
Have to agree with PK on this one. If you want "balls to the wall". TSX won't do it for you.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
pocketkiller said:
The TSX will be slower. The TSX is not the right car for "balls to the wall stoplight to stoplight, and smack it into 3rd highway driving." It's slow. I suggest you go with a Subaru Legacy GT.
Xacto...TSX is not "balls-to-wall" type car - that's not the design philosophy for this car, in my opinion.. it's a frigging Accord afterall. It's just a very well done
4-door Accord. It's not even a fast, powerful car (try it with 4 people in it - as a "family sedan" is designed to be) - it CAN be driven fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts