Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
As far as headers hissing/ratting goes, I got my TSX with DC headers put on already by the previous owners (also a test pipe, but I added back a Magnaflow high-flow cat because as a motorcyclist/bicyclist as well, I am all for emissions filtering).

They made that "rattling hiss on throttle" sound, which was solved by using a double braided flex pipe instead of the one that the headers came with.

In fact, I believe I came to that solution via posting to this very forum - here it is!

For me, the flex pipe that has worked well are from Vibrant: the VPE-62606 was initially indicated for use with the stock cat converter (or perhaps, urk, the test pipe...); but to work with the Magnaflow cat converter I have, I eventually had to upsize slightly to the VPE-62608 to fit better (while the 62606 did work with it to solve the rattle/hiss, it was very tight and stressed a different exhaust gasket that leaked after a while, and everything fit much better with the slightly larger size).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey man thank you so much for the great response! Quick question, are you suggesting that I buy the threaded test pipe to replace the shitty Dc one and get it welded? Will this remove the hiss or is it only because your running an after market high flow Cat
I don't really recommend running with a test pipe, but I do remember hearing this sound even before I replaced it with the HF cat. If you have the DC headers/test pipe thing already and are dealing with this sound, try the Vibrant flex pipe, it could be as simple as that. Not sure which size to get but I'd assume the smaller one - the only issue linking it up with the Magnaflow cat was that I had to get a slightly longer one to relieve tension on a different gasket.

If there is something "shitty" that came with the DC headers it's the flex coupling that vibrates resulting in what sounds like something between a hiss and a rattle; the test pipe is literally just a metal pipe more or less, unless it has a hole in it actually leaking exhaust through it, it's not going to be the source of noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.