Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some about 3 months ago but now the brightness has faded so much that they hardly light up the road. Price isn't a concern, I just want to know what is the best ones to get so the bulbs don't fade in 2 or 3 months. The ones I got were from Ebay so they had no warranty. I found this HID site which covers the bulbs for a year, but what color should I get? I want one that's really bright and still looks cool. This site like any other sites recommends 6000k? Is it true?

Thanks in advance!

·
Whaattss up?
149 Posts
Unless if you touched glass with your fingers, I don't see why it would fade away. But then again I don't know what kit you had before from eBay. The most popular is 6000k but the brightest is 4300k. So anything between 4300k-6000k is great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well iv bought kits from ddm tuning for my rsx i personally will never use them but others have said their kits are going 3 years strong. i fully trust retrosolutions. their customer service is great and the quality is great.

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
Good thread. I am looking for the same advice. I know I won't go with an ebay HID foglight kit and have been debating between HIDExtra and DDMTuning.

Right now, HIDExtra is offering free shipping, but they don't offer the 4300k to match the stock headlights.

DDM Tuning's site is a little confusing, as I don't know if I'm supposed to order a separate harness along with the foglight kit.

Any comments? Sorry if this seems like a hijack. Maybe this could be info for the OP's benefit too!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
no need for harness for ddm

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I'm running DDM for foglights and headlights for about 6months now going strong. I though I was having an issue with one bulb (very low price to replace) but that issue is gone. So far I'm very happy with DDM..for the price I don't think you can go wrong

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
DDM Tuning is garbage in my opinion. I went through 3 sets of inconsistently colored bulbs. There was a lawsuit about the quality of their products including the false advertising of color temperature of the bulbs, hence the miscolors. I don't understand why people cheap out on something you replace every three years. Only Philips 4300k for me, or possibly those new Osram 5000k bulbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts