Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I put about 35K miles on my 15 months old TSX. After checking its trade-in value recently, I decided to trade it in and purchase a new TSX before I drive it over 40K miles and drop its trade-in value further.

While looking around to figure out which car to buy (which I ended up deciding to buy another TSX), I learned that I can now buy an upgraded suspension kit from Acura as a dealer installed option. The kit includes sport spring and shock system. The kit will lower the car by about an inch. (A dealer in my town called it a nu-speed suspension system.)

Does anyone have this installed? What do you think of this option? Do you think it is worth adding? (I have no complain about stock suspension on my current TSX.)

Thank you for your opinions.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Hmmm interesting how you're trading in a one-yr-old car for a new identical one - never knew people would do that. And how does this make financial sense ? Just curious.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You also have my curiosity on the financial end of this deal.....?? I have had my tsx for the same time amount of time, and probobly have the same amount of miles on mine. I would like to hear more on this.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The ASpec suspension will no doubt ride lower and would have improved damper/spring rates in accordance. Depending on how much it costs, I might be inclined to buy the Mugen sports suspension instead.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
I think it depends on your plans for the car. Do you just plan on driving around town with the occasional fun back road drive or are you going to track it in some form? I may get it eventually since mines just a daily driver with the fun back road driving once in awhile. If I had more planned I'd go with something adjustable as suggested above.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your thoughts, Noel and Tony.

If I get it, it will cost me about $550 to $600, installed. It is a good price. However, I mostly drive around town. I wish I can test drive one with the suspension kit, but my dealer does not have any in the lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts