Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
My brake mod would include StopTech front and Rotora rear drilled replacement rotors. I also use Endless pads. I have noticed a difference in braking vs stock, but my driving habits are pretty aggressive.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
^^ I was wondering when you would chime in... :)

:thumbsup:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
If you're driving strictly on public roads, factory rotors and higher temperature brake pads is often more than enough. If that's not enough, Spoon calipers would be the next step up. Rotors are only seriously useful if you're doing trackwork. The good thing about using Spoon calipers is, you can use OEM Honda brake pads.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Noel, how are the Spoon's calipers comparing to Ratora's or Brembo's? Ratora has a few rotors : Link
How are they comparing to others?

THanks alot.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
No experience with Ratora but with Brembos. It's basically very much alike in design. However Spoon calipers are much lighter than Brembos and you get the option/choice to use OEM Honda pads. Brembos need specific Brembo application pads which can get expensive at replacement. Both calipers can use high temperature race pads for trackwork.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Noel said:
If you're driving strictly on public roads, factory rotors and higher temperature brake pads is often more than enough. If that's not enough, Spoon calipers would be the next step up. Rotors are only seriously useful if you're doing trackwork. The good thing about using Spoon calipers is, you can use OEM Honda brake pads.
Spoon dont make calipers for the CL9, how would u put them on?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
LOC888 said:
Spoon dont make calipers for the CL9, how would u put them on?

Yes, the Spoon universal 4-pot calipers are designed to fit most Hondas not catered by the twin-block 4-pot calipers.

I guess some of you haven't seen this

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Noel,

Did you get your carbon hood yet? I want to get one after my brake mod.

How much you pay for those Spoon monoblocks?

My next mod would be brakes. You think they would fit my RIMs? I got those A-spec rims... What makes you choose those over Brembos? Did you upgrade your rotors? Lots of Qs...

My goal a bit lesser weight, better handling, more stopping power... I want more power but I don't think I would gain much more then what CAI would do or would justify the cost. Is that right?

Thanks for the advice.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Nope, still in production at this stage.

AJ Racing can give you a quote on the Spoon calipers. I'm not sure if it'd fit the ASpec rims, if you have the offset and measurements, that'll help.

Why I chose Spoon? Simple, if it's good enough for Spoon to use in their 24 hour racing ... It's good enough for me. Not to mention, they're made by the same caliper manufacturer on the OEM calipers.

If this is a street driven car, I wouldn't recommend getting replacement calipers. Look at better brake pads, braided lines, brake fluid instead. The OEM calipers are well enough to handle most application usage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Noel said:

Yes, the Spoon universal 4-pot calipers are designed to fit most Hondas not catered by the twin-block 4-pot calipers.

I guess some of you haven't seen this
So there are definately no modifacations required to fit the spoon calipers on. Noel, can u please confirm this. Thanks mate... :p

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
If you simply want to fit the Spoon calipers on the CL9, the following listing are the parts you need. While you should also check to ensure your rims have enough offset clearance. Otherwise, you'd be in hot water trying to get that sorted out.

Spoon Monoblock Universal Calipers
Spoon AP1 Caliper Bracket Set
Honda AP1 Front Brake Pads

The OEM brake lines and rotors have no problem with fitment or clearance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the advice Noel!
I currently have 18x8 rims with 45 offset, do u think there would be enough room?
thanks...

1 - 20 of 76 Posts