Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just curious what calipers those are? Are they from the TL dynamic or type s?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Do the TL-S and/or RL calipers bolt right up to the TSX? It would be nice to have some more stopping power while keeping OEM from another Honda.

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
To bolt up the TL calipers, you need to increase the diameter of the holes on the stearing knuckle where the caliper mounting bolts pass through. After that, the calipers bolt right up. The only other problem has to do with the hub. When the rotor is mounted on the hub, the TL calipers won't be exactly center. I've seen someone attempt to fix this by placing washers on the wheel studs to effectively space the rotor from the hub, allowing for it to be centered with the caliper. I don't recommend this, however, since pedal feel is VERY sensitive to slight changes in pad/rotor contact angle. Also, I'm not sure this method is totally safe.

I propose the alternative method:
If you're good with metal, you can simply shave material from the side of the knuckle that mates with the caliper bracket until the caliper centers on the rotor. If you're concerned about strength, you can weld supporting material onto the back side of the knuckle. Considering the cost of TLS knuckles, this will be your best option, unless you can find them in a junkyard.

·
Registered
667 Posts
That's my car and they're just oem calipers painted black with white decals...soon to be replaced with Wilwood 4pot 2pc. rotor kit. I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts