Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What colour combos do you want to see in MY2005? Be creative, let's assume anything offered on any other Honda vehicle is fair game.

I'll start with:

ABP or Eternal Blue + Parchment w/metal trim
MR + Ebony or Quartz
Silverstone + Ebony

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Rio Yellow Pearl/Ebony turbocharged SH-AWD Type R :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Ok..to be more realistic, I'd like to see a deep green pearl TSX w/Ebony interior

Edit: don't think Honda has any dark green metallic....so I changed it to deep green pearl

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
My old '88 Legend was gold (with gold interior). That color looked great on that Legend, which, if you remember, was a lot smaller than what the Legend wound up being -- it was a little smaller than the current Accord! -- and so it wasn't so far from the category of the TSX. So maybe it's not unreasonable to think it might look great on the TSX. If that color had been available on the TSX, I think it would have been my 1st choice, although it's hard to know until you see the car or at least a pic of it.
BTW for the last few years, almost all the Legends from that era that we've still seen around have seemed to be that color. Maybe the paint was better and so the body was preserved better, maybe a bunch in that color just were from better batches (if there is such a thing), maybe it's coincidence.

I guess it's considered a stodgy color, also maybe it's not considered to look that good on smaller sportier cars. But I'd love to see them try it.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
I'm pretty happy with the available paint colors for TSX.

I just wish Acura gives us more interior, exterior, and trim combos to choose from (Exterior) + (Interior) + (Trim):

PWP + Ebony + Metal (for U.S.)
MR + Ebony + Metal
MSM + Ebony + Metal
Any color + Parchment + Metal (Looks sweeeeet)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
PWP + Ebony + Metal (for U.S.)
Right -- I can't believe they didn't give that to us here.

I bet this is the extra combo that would get the most votes -- easy.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Here's one I wanted...

Meteor Silver with Ebony Interior. I'd be driving that right now.

Oh...and I want IBP w/Ebony too!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Mist Opal Green Metallic w/ ebony leather!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I have always loved the color's of Spoon's car's, but I think it may be a bit too much for Acura :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Maybe a little off the subj, but..... Did you know that you can get decals to make the body look like whatever you want? I don't mean just little decals, I mean covering the whole car.

Recently, in Florida, I saw this car that was covered with images of antique posters -- you know, those old turn-of-the-century (i.e. 1900) things, mostly French, that were real colorful, a bit cartoonish, sometimes a little risque. And I knew whose car it was -- it belongs to this woman who owns a poster store. I asked here how she did it, and she explained that there's this company in town that can make the decals to your specifications. (It's the same company that does the ads that go on the town's buses.) I joked about what it does to the car's resale value, and she said you can peel it right off. But it looks totally permanent, and if you do it well, it looks spectacular.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
that Element looks more like a show car, but I wouldn't want to be seen in that.
:puke:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
2004_Acura_TSX said:
that Element looks more like a show car, but I wouldn't want to be seen in that.
:puke:
True! The stickers were quite amazing though. They did a pretty good job, in that it looked like paint. That is, until you got close up to it. All the same, pretty amazing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I say
We should get:
1. Anthracite + Ebony
2. Kaiser Silver Metallic + Ebony
3. Long Beach Blue Pearl + Parchment/Quartz
4. Naples Gold Metallic + Parchment

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
NocturnalTSX said:
.....Naples Gold Metallic + Parchment
Can you get any pic of the Naples Gold, or let us know where we might find it?
I'll look too.....

edit: OK, here we go -- don't know how long this pic will be good, but:

I see also that the color was available on the '03 TL. I didn't know that when I got mine -- I probably would have gotten it if I'd known.
(Mine was silver.) I think what happened was that I just took whatever I could get the fastest.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
NocturnalTSX said:
I say
We should get:
1. Anthracite + Ebony
Isn't this the color on the new TL? Why would we need this if its the same as Carbon Grey?:donno:

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
2004_Acura_TSX said:
Isn't this the color on the new TL? Why would we need this if its the same as Carbon Grey?:donno:
I believe the Anthracite is a little lighter than Carbon Gray Pearl. I do agree there's no need to have both the Carbon Gray AND Anthracite for TSX.

But I think Nocturnal was simply implying that he would rather have the Anthracite over Carbon Gray on the TSX.

Anyone else have a preference between Carbon Gray vs Anthracite?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Larchmont:
Umm... i'll try to find pics later..
I just kno that it was available on the 2000-2002 Accords.
And when waxed up, it looked GORGEOUS. Definatley a uncommon, but great looking color.

2004_Acura_TSX:
Yes it is the color on the TL (although its not new, it was also availlable on the previous gen. TL's and CL's). MY PERSONAL opinion is that Anthracite looks much better than the Carbon Grey Pearl(which also is a nice color), and if they had offered it, I probably would have gotten that over the NBP that I have.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts