Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently thinking of either the TSX w/ Navi or Accord Coupe EX-V6 w/ Navi. I have a quote of $25,000 on the Accord (making it about $4000 below MSRP). However, I am only able to get about $1000 below MSRP for the TSX. The two cars have about the same MSRP ($45 difference). I like the TSX more, but I'm not sure if it justifies the $3000 in price difference.

What are other's paying or have paid for their TSX?

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
465 Posts
Do yourself a favor, and take both of those cars down the nearest curvy road you can find, and really push them. A good dealer will know where to take you, and let you have a little fun. You'll quickly discover one of the fundamental differences between the two, and that may overcome the price advantage that the Accord has. Or maybe you won't notice a difference, and one of the things we love about the TSX will be lost on you.

It's tough to get too much off a TSX right now, because the car is popular and it's selling itself, and $3000 is nothing to sniff at. But look at it this way...if you spend $25000 for a car you don't like, and it turns out you could have spent another $45 bucks a month on one that you loved, was it really worth the money saved?

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Where are you located, icaushavoc?

Price of the TSX vary depending on the region.

In the areas of CA, the TSX is selling relatively high, where as parts of TX, it seems like people are able to get better deals. One dealer in NJ was also offering $2K off of the MSRP recently.

It's hard to argue that you would be getting a better deal with the Accord. . . it's a high volume car.

But value just doesn't come down to the final price of the car. It also has to do with what you like about the car, what you think the car is worth, and how much you're willing to pay for it.

I second Ferg's advice. Test drive both and see which you like better. :mardi:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
icaushavoc said:
Joker, what dealer gave you that price? That's the best I've found so far.
My case was unique, as per my problems with my TL.
The dealer basically made up for taking me to the cleaners buying back my TL, by giving me a great deal on the TSX.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I swear I'm the only one that paid MSRP for mine :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: around 28.000 dollar for a TSX with navi!!!

I paid 38.000 Euro's which is about 45.600 dollar for My Accord Type-S without navi :mad: :confused:

Maybe I should move to the other side of the ocean...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Joker said:
A price to pay to be one of the first to own the TSX :)
Yeah...I have no regrets though...just rant about it at times :D

:bowdown:

·
Registered
57 Posts
You are lucky to get 1k off. I had to pay MSRP when they first came out.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
briny319 said:
You are lucky to get 1k off. I had to pay MSRP when they first came out.
Ok...now I don't feel like I'm the only one to have paid MSRP. When did you get yours?

·
Registered
549 Posts
i paid full msrp when i first bought it... if you are willing to travel to get yours... call suburban acura farmington michigan- 248 471 9200... ask for the sales manager - adam davis - tell him vik patel sent you..and he will be more willing to work with you.. he is good about things...

i did NOT get my tsx from him... but i have purchased other vehicles from him...

give him a shot... hes pretty good:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked mine up yesterday and due to the dealer needing sales for the month end I got a great deal. I paid invoice ($26,512) for 6MT/Navi . That is before tax/license.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts