Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it is just big TSX :)

I would personally like the TSX whole lot better... I don't like the ACURA printed on the front bumper its just too much ...

I am sure it would be a pleasure to drive tho...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
I think the price is too close to the tsx's price.. It is a much larger car but then again it has a 6 cylinder with 270 hp. Anyone test drive it yet? how is it compared to the tsx?

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's not much larger than the TSX. It's marginally larger, and even smaller-feeling in some ways.

The engine is sweet as sugar. The luxury features are unbeatable in any nearby segment. The handling is superb, and the VSA works pretty well. It could use a touch more damping but the manual trans version should solve that concern.

I'm getting rid of my TSX for one in a few months.

-Alt

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Altersys said:
It's not much larger than the TSX. It's marginally larger, and even smaller-feeling in some ways.

The engine is sweet as sugar. The luxury features are unbeatable in any nearby segment. The handling is superb, and the VSA works pretty well. It could use a touch more damping but the manual trans version should solve that concern.

-Alt
Getting rid of tsx for TL why? :confused:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
I donno I still want a tsx who knows what kind of problems TL may have should be 6 months before everyone will know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Altersys said:

-Alt
Is 2004 TL displayed in showrooms already?
Have you test driven it yet?
2004 TL is not due out until 10/23/03 according to The Wall Street Journal ad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Acura Dealers in Canada took delivery on Oct 14th and they put them in the show room on the 15th. Of course I went to see them. (Free coffee and cookies) Our Toronto paper called them 'Sexy'. I have and love my TSX. But if my needs changed to a bigger car with a 6. I think the TL would be the logical next choice. Would love to have one for a weekend.

G

·
I actually went to the launching of the for the TL on OCT 15. Pretty impressive there was a white and a silver one. I think the white one is particually stunning with the beige interior (same colour as the red TSX), not to mention the GPS, stereo and blue tooth technology. I just test drove both the Auto and Manual on Wednesday of this week and let me tell you the tourque in both of them is absoulutely amaizing. Of course the tourque in the manual is definitely more impressive but still the auto was still pretty impressive. I think so far Acura East dealership in Ajax Canada is one of the first to get the Manual so if anyone in the GTA was intrested in test driving one, that's the place to go.
However I am still absolutely satisfied with my TSX which I picked up in July and really, the only difference between the TSX and the TL is power, features and of course price. The feel and comfort of the TSX is very much the same if not in sme cases better and I am not just saying this because I have a TSX I think its a very honest statement when you drive them both.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Ctaylor said:
I actually went to the launching of the for the TL on OCT 15. Pretty impressive there was a white and a silver one. I think the white one is particually stunning with the beige interior (same colour as the red TSX), not to mention the GPS, stereo and blue tooth technology. I just test drove both the Auto and Manual on Wednesday of this week and let me tell you the tourque in both of them is absoulutely amaizing. Of course the tourque in the manual is definitely more impressive but still the auto was still pretty impressive. I think so far Acura East dealership in Ajax Canada is one of the first to get the Manual so if anyone in the GTA was intrested in test driving one, that's the place to go.
However I am still absolutely satisfied with my TSX which I picked up in July and really, the only difference between the TSX and the TL is power, features and of course price. The feel and comfort of the TSX is very much the same if not in sme cases better and I am not just saying this because I have a TSX I think its a very honest statement when you drive them both.
how is the clutch in the manual compared to the tsx?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Trungmd said:
Is 2004 TL displayed in showrooms already?
Have you test driven it yet?
2004 TL is not due out until 10/23/03 according to The Wall Street Journal ad.
Yes. Yes. Yes. :)

Some dealerships got their TL's before the official release date. There was also an Acura-sponsored Ride-And-Drive which occurred in the first week of October. The TL is a very nice, fast, safe, well-mannered car.

-Alt

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it's a great car, w/great specifications.

With all that HP, however, I hope it comes w/a Torsen axle standard.

All those angles in the body design are a concession to economics, too. Smoother lines would've been appreciated, but the car's engineering and mechanical excellence makes it a desirable car, regardless.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The 6MT comes with a limited slip diff. BUT.... I have driven the 5AT car very very very hard on some mountain roads (approx 85 in a reocmmended 35 zone) and never had traction issues. The 235 series meats as well as the suspension setup put the power to the ground effectively.

-Alt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts