Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a new car. This will be my third car. (I currently have a 2002 BMW 325i 5-speed and 1993 Jeep Chrerokee)

I need something safe, fun to drive and reliable in the long term.

I want spend less than $30k. I looked at everything in this price range. (I want a manual and Navigation)

Car’s I test drove and what I didn’t like:
Lexus IS300 (dated styling)
Saab 9-3 (not many features, feels like a 1990 car, no NAV, I question reliability)
Infiniti G35 (expensive, I question reliability)
MB C240 (expensive, I question reliability)
Mazda RX-8 (poor dealer service, I question reliability)
Audi A4 (I question reliability, no LCD NAV)

The TSX seems like the best choice for the price by far. The only negative I can think of is that it is front wheel drive. But I just test drove it and it feels ok. (I also drove the 2004 TL 6 speed and I think it has way too much torque steer).

What do you guys think about your 6 speed TSX’s with NAV?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Works for me. It really depends on where and how you drive. Judging by where you live and your choice in vehicles it a toss up. You obviously can't compare it to the Jeep, as for the BMW, that's another matter.

If you have high self confidence and aren't afraid of friends in BMWs or Audis shunning you, the TSX is a great car. Unless you push it to it's limits or accelerate hard around bumpy corners, it's tough to tell it's FWD (IMHO).

Of course the advantages are driving in the wet or snow. But in bumper to bumper traffic, you'll never notice. Actually, it really does handle well on switch backs, and holds up pretty well overall. For a front driver, it feels better balanced than a V6 Accord.

The 6-speed is always fun, exceptionally slick and never notchy. As for the Navi, the voice recognition let's you operate just about everything from the climate control to the audio and most of the Navi functions (you still have to key in some text by hand).

After the voice recognition novelty wears off, you still can make use of the Navi to find new restaurants, banks and gas stations.

Of course compared to the 325i, you may not be as happy. If you are in love with BMW, it could take a while to adjust. Once you do, you'll appreciate the little things that Honda offers and find the car growing on you. Especially the quality and maintenance costs.

Of course you may have to explain to friends why you abandoned BMW and sunk so low? ;)

BTW, welcome to the club.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on keeping the BMW.

I'm looking at the TSX as a third car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'd have to say i love it. my last job, i was on the road all the time. and i'd say 97% of the time it was accurate to within 50 ft. but after awhile, i realized that it's pretty much has the same problem that mapquest/ms streets&trips have with the accuracy.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
BTW, forgot to mention the "breadcrumbs" feature on the Navi. Even if the streets are not available on the map, it does leave little white dots so even in unfamilar areas that don't exisit on the map you can retrace your route back. Nice feature.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I love the navi along with the manual transmission. It is a blast to see if there is some 90 degree corners ahead and then you can plan on how to take the corners :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
johnej said:
I love the navi along with the manual transmission. It is a blast to see if there is some 90 degree corners ahead and then you can plan on how to take the corners :)
:eek you may have just added a :sprint: for me getting navi :eek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts