Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Newtsxowner!
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have UR pulleys, injen cai, weapon r header, hondata reflash. If i add a SC on to this what do you think my total WHP and WT would be just a rounded guess is all im looking for. Also i have an 06 AT

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
230-240 whp
+1
I highly doubt 240 but 230 whp sounds about right. Hondata doesn't add to much to the peak.

SC w/those parts probably adds 30-50whp (probably inbetween). From what I've seen, you're looking at 260-270whp w/SC.

Its a heavy price for that amount of HP. I understand if you want to stick w/the TSX, but I'd consider another car.

·
Registered
976 Posts
+1
I highly doubt 240 but 230 whp sounds about right. Hondata doesn't add to much to the peak.

SC w/those parts probably adds 30-50whp (probably inbetween). From what I've seen, you're looking at 260-270whp w/SC.

Its a heavy price for that amount of HP. I understand if you want to stick w/the TSX, but I'd consider another car.
Remember he has an auto so I'd say 240-250whp max with SC. But should be around those numbers.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
You would need Kpro to get the most out of that SC. The automatic transmission is holding you back as well. Look up Dayta's thread, he's pushing 300whp on his build although it's a little more complex but it can be done as long as you're 6MT.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
He will need k-pro, higher boost pulleys and injectors to reach 250whp plus with auto.
Have a look in the "dyno thread". Willy18 made 220whp, although im not sure if everything was working well during time of dyno. http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/677587-post71.html

There are only 2 automatic members that i have read to have made 250whp plus on an AT both had k-pro, high boost pulleys, upgraded injectors AND k-pro. (l7h8626 and Tsx536)..im sure there are a few others as well.

With the base flash provided with the s/c, you would be looking at 220-230whp depending on the dyno. That is from what i have read and seen from other members on this thread. Not trying to have a go at you, but why dont you just look in the dyno result thread thats been stickied? :dunno:

·
Registered
976 Posts
He will need k-pro, higher boost pulleys and injectors to reach 250whp plus with auto.
Have a look in the "dyno thread". Willy18 made 220whp, although im not sure if everything was working well during time of dyno. http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/677587-post71.html

There are only 2 automatic members that i have read to have made 250whp plus on an AT both had k-pro, high boost pulleys, upgraded injectors AND k-pro. (l7h8626 and Tsx536)..im sure there are a few others as well.

With the base flash provided with the s/c, you would be looking at 220-230whp depending on the dyno. That is from what i have read and seen from other members on this thread. Not trying to have a go at you, but why dont you just look in the dyno result thread thats been stickied? :dunno:
All of them are 04/05 models. The OP has an 06 so he should net more power with the charger so he might be closer to 240whp

·
My car whines...alot
809 Posts
To the OP, it really depends on the dyno you're using. Output results can very as much as 20% between dynos. What you should be more focused on is gains over your previous setup, not peak numbers. If you use a more standardized Dynojet, I'd ballpark you around 220-230whp with that setup (auto tranny loss is 10% versus a manual counterpart).

The 2 members you mentioned were both tuned on Church's Dynapack dyno which notoriously reads a bit high. If you put those cars on a Dynojet, they would've been closer to 240-250whp.

All of them are 04/05 models. The OP has an 06 so he should net more power with the charger so he might be closer to 240whp
With S/C setups like the CT, I've found that the model year is irrelevant in regards to power output for 2 specific reasons:

1) The blower deletes the OEM throttle body, so the 60mm vs 64mm advantage in the 06+ is negated.

2) The slightly more aggressive intake cam in the 06+ (exhaust cam is the same) doesn't do much of anything for peak numbers. When he first got his S/C, BigBen and I both dynoed within 5whp of each other with almost identical setups.

Doug @ Hondata hypothesized there is too much overlap between the OEM intake and exhaust cams (time both cams are open at the same time) which in turn results in boost blow-through issues. If we cams with less duration, I bet we could squeeze out a few more whp out of the K24...how much more is debatable.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
With S/C setups like the CT, I've found that the model year is irrelevant in regards to power output for 2 specific reasons:

1) The blower deletes the OEM throttle body, so the 60mm vs 64mm advantage in the 06+ is negated.

2) The slightly more aggressive intake cam in the 06+ (exhaust cam is the same) doesn't do much of anything for peak numbers. When he first got his S/C, BigBen and I both dynoed within 5whp of each other with almost identical setups.

Doug @ Hondata hypothesized there is too much overlap between the OEM intake and exhaust cams (time both cams are open at the same time) which in turn results in boost blow-through issues. If we cams with less duration, I bet we could squeeze out a few more whp out of the K24...how much more is debatable.
max WHP would be almost identical, yes. however, do you have a dyno sheet for yours and ben's setup? im pretty sure whoever's got the 06 has a higher whp/tq from low-mid range compared to the 04-05. to me, low-mid range WHP/TQ is what i look for in dyno sheets, max power is just there

·
Registered
976 Posts
To the OP, it really depends on the dyno you're using. Output results can very as much as 20% between dynos. What you should be more focused on is gains over your previous setup, not peak numbers. If you use a more standardized Dynojet, I'd ballpark you around 220-230whp with that setup (auto tranny loss is 10% versus a manual counterpart).

The 2 members you mentioned were both tuned on Church's Dynapack dyno which notoriously reads a bit high. If you put those cars on a Dynojet, they would've been closer to 240-250whp.

Yea I was thinking with the more aggressive intake cam and +1 intake valves it would help top end. What you mentioned makes sense though.

·
My car whines...alot
809 Posts
max WHP would be almost identical, yes. however, do you have a dyno sheet for yours and ben's setup? im pretty sure whoever's got the 06 has a higher whp/tq from low-mid range compared to the 04-05. to me, low-mid range WHP/TQ is what i look for in dyno sheets, max power is just there
Mine:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/318768-post1.html

His:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/319890-post1.html

Can't find his dyno plot, but I assure you it was identical. Also notice that we both got our cars dynoed within a week of one another (both bought our S/C kits from Excelerate around the same time).

:confused: What do you mean by this? You still need the OEM throttle body for a supercharger.
Sorry, that read completely wrong. I was implying that the inlet diameter on the S/C would be the bottleneck for our setup anyway and delete the gains from a larger 06+ TB.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts