Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've gone through my first Canadian winter...oh yeah, lots o' salt. Back in the fall, I read on a forum that placing newspaper under the winter mats (Acura rubber winters), would soak up any moisture and prevent the white stuff from hardening on the carpet. IT WORKS! You have to change the paper every so often, but it will just be caked with salt crystals... and the carpet will be clean. Too bad I don't remember who that person was, but I can't take credit for it. Just some advice for later in the year. Cheers.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Decaffinator said:
I've gone through my first Canadian winter...oh yeah, lots o' salt. Back in the fall, I read on a forum that placing newspaper under the winter mats (Acura rubber winters), would soak up any moisture and prevent the white stuff from hardening on the carpet. IT WORKS! You have to change the paper every so often, but it will just be caked with salt crystals... and the carpet will be clean. Too bad I don't remember who that person was, but I can't take credit for it. Just some advice for later in the year. Cheers.
Hey...sounds like a good idea!! Thanks!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
There are a number of small carpet steam cleaners out there, check Home Depot or Costco.

I have one by Bissell someone gave me several years ago and it works fairly well. You can do the entire interior in about 20 minutes and it really gets the stains out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are many ways and products thorough which you can clean your carpets like steam cleaning, chemical cleaning , etc. But to choose the best method and product for the better cleaning of the Carpets you should have the advice of the best carpet cleaner.Carpet Cleaning allen tx provide you the best carpet cleaning solutions as well as they will give you the information about how you have to maintain your carpets for its long life.

·
Team HD
355 Posts
At work I use Meguiars APC. Mist the APC over the carpet or mat, and scrub with a carpet brush, then wipe down with a terry cloth to clean off the dirt and excess APC from the fibers.

Carpet mats that have dirt and mud deep in the fibers get pressure washed with hot water, then extracted and put under a fan to help speed up drying time.

Old thread, I know. But useful information to share!

·
Registered
18 Posts
What you guys recommend for all the dirt and sand that is trapped between the fibers? I shake the mat first, then vacuum, then beat it against a fence. There always seems to be a never ending amount of dirt/sand still in the mats.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i use tuff stuff and brush it to loosen any dirt then vacuum it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well i used to have the professional carpet cleaning with my Carpet.I only have to call them once and they sent their professional cleaner to clean the carpet.You can also get those cleaning professional from where you buy it. Carpet manufacturing companies also have business of cleaning the carpet also , this can reduce the time in finding the right Carpet cleaner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The washer and dryer work well for cleaning carpet that can be put in there(carpeted floor mats). I've had good luck with Blue Coral DC22 for small stains and spot treatment.

·
Registered
383 Posts
For stains of any size, on any carpet or cloth like material, I can't recommend Folex enough. I have removed oil/grease (both automotive and food related), soda, juice, blood, you name it... Whatever the case may be. Even used it on my headliner. Works great!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just use carpet cleaner with warm water and a little laundry soap and a little degreaser and my wet dry vac and go to work! work great for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts