Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as I have only had mine for a little over two weeks and can't really find much I don't like about it. If I were to pick something I guess it would be that the ride when going over bumps. Coming from an Accord I would say the ride is definitely more harsh but I understand the reason why. A sport sedan needs to be this way to handle curves better.

If I had a second generation TSX my complaint would be about the smiley face, front grill. I think that's the only thing, style-wise on that car that I feel is unappealing but it's a big thing as the grill is the "face" of the car. IMHO, smiley face grills belong on cheaper, cutesy cars like a Miata, Yaris or a Beetle.

·
mjsparky363
11 Posts
I have an 05 and I hate the seats. On a 12 hour trip couldn't straighten up after it. I take the truck now. Only other thing I didn't like where the very noisy Michelin OEM tires. Since went to General summer only and Dunlop snows. I have 75000 on the car and have not had 1 single problem other than the tires and windshield wipers.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
There isn't anything that I really dislike about the car. I'm not a fan of leather seats but the TSX's aren't bad. I just wish it came with the Recaro seats like the Euro R. I also wish the bluetooth and 06+ engine was available in the 04s and 05s.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I find that my right knee is uncomfortable against the center console bolster. I also wish the steering wheel buttons were illuminated. Overall though, I'm very satisfied with the car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dont get me wrong I love love love my tsx but I do have a few rants.

1.) the seats are comfortable but only if I sit perfectly upright, if I slouch like I used to my A** will hurt like hell haha.

2.) road noise over 70 mph has me constantly checking that all the windows are up

3.) maybe its related to how I drive but with this car it seems to need balances, and alignments more often than it should

besides that I love this car and find it plenty quick enough even though I have the 5AT and love the beautiful sound of the engine when I rev it:)

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
I lost the count of the threads with roughly the same title.... why not just continue one of the old ones? lol

·
-
1,623 Posts
IMO,

• stock suspension is such a compromise. Ride height, too compliant, soft rubber bushings, small sway bars, etc.
  • small front and rear brakes
  • HVAC control panel is too complex. Dual zone, auto, recirc, etc..
  • Backlit instrument panel too gimmicky. A simple, easy to read panel is all you find in performance cars.

- lack of OBDII port programmer. Having to send in your ECU for aftermarket programming is old school.

However the good things about the TSX far outweigh the minor things.

Good luck finding a perfect car :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is no where to rest my left arm on long trips. I am 6.2 and the arm rest is just way too low for me. This is about all I can find wrong and that is alright by me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's hard to find things to complain about the TSX. My only gripe would be the Drive By Wire system. It's difficult to drive smoothly; the car jerks every time I take my foot off the throttle (like when I'm coasting to a red light). I still haven't perfected smooth shifting in low gears; it's probably due to my inability to drive stick, but I'm gonna blame it on DBW. :D

The suspension could be better, but keep in mind that the car is an Accord in other markets. They definitely could of upgraded the suspension for a sportier feel. In the end, I may be biased, but there's really no entry-level sports sedan that is better.

·
=)
22 Posts
i hate how they dont make a dash kit if i wanted to install an aftermarket head unit... costs like 500 bucks to bring it out to the shop to get a kit done (remove the storage unit and coinholder).. but then youd have two head units... =/

·
Registered
572 Posts
the leather seats are poor quality in my opinion! or, am i just the only one experiencing that?

but, like everyone else, i love my TSX and am sad to be away from it for 1.5 years as I may be leaving for Taiwan D:

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
The DBW sensitivity is the primary dislike. The only other complaint is that its just a little too small with the car seat in the back. The passenger has to move the seat too close to the dash. Just minor annoyances.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I lost the count of the threads with roughly the same title.... why not just continue one of the old ones? lol
Comes from me still being fairly new here, I'm afraid. I've read many of the older threads already but hadn't come across one with this topic. Darn and here I was thinking I was being original...lol.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I should add that when I bought my 2004 I was happy to see that it had the navigation system. So I'm thinking I really am getting a deal for the $9,800 I paid for the car (I did get a good deal IMO as it only has 90k miles on it and is in great condition but I thought the Navi was a great bonus). Well, surprise, surprise. I live in Hawaii and the Navi on the 2004 doesn't work here. The Acura dealership told me there may be some kind of upgrade coming up that I could download off Acura's site but he doubted it. Bummer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a rattle in the drivers side door/window area that I can't seem to get my hands on. Makes me angry as I drive. I love the car. It is easily the best car I have owned.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
seats are EXTREMELY uncomfortable. stock radio sucks. suspension stock blows. dbw. dbw is annoyance. non-matched hvac /radio to cluster. 05 lack of bluetooth and ipod. lack of mp3 support via 6disc changer.

best one of all. ITS BADGED AS AN ACURA AND NOT A HONDA!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts