Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I currently drive an 04 with an 04 engine head block

I have a full tsx 07 engine with everything on it.

I want to get best of both worlds because I have heard 04 has better something's than the 07s. I can do a straight swap if that's the best but if there is something better plz suggest me asap! Thank u for your time.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I can't think of anything that is better on a 04vs07. The tb is slightly larger, the intake cam is slightly larger, there are cooling modifications to the block, the intake manifold should be the same along w the head.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't think of anything that is better on a 04vs07. The tb is slightly larger, the intake cam is slightly larger, there are cooling modifications to the block, the intake manifold should be the same along w the head.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
On the 07 the cams and tb is larger? Cuz I was thinking of putting the 07 head on the 04 block but if that would make no difference then I'll just do a full swap which was my initial plan.

Wait...

So you have an 04 TSX with a stock engine, and you have a 07 TSX engine siting on the side?
Correct! I picked up a rear ended 07 tsx and I currently drive an 04

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
The 07 head flows better, the intake cam is more aggressive, TB is larger as well, and the manifold flows better. IMO its not worth the work, sell the motor on k20a use that money to upgrade what you got.

RRC mani, J35 TB (or equivalent)
nice set of DragCartel cams
upgraded valvetrain (depending on the cams)
flash pro
header and exhaust

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Is your 04 motor burning any excessive amount of oil? If it is, that 07 motor might be nice to swap since there has been some people who have not had any luck rebuilding their motor to relieve oil burning issues.

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes please! id like to see what all you have to do
Not sure what all is there ti be done
If you swap anything, do the complete assembly. /thread
The 07 is manual and my 04 is auto. I'm staying auto
Is your 04 motor burning any excessive amount of oil? If it is, that 07 motor might be nice to swap since there has been some people who have not had any luck rebuilding their motor to relieve oil burning issues.
Not really burning ...just enough for me to do an oil change at 4k km
The 07 head flows better, the intake cam is more aggressive, TB is larger as well, and the manifold flows better. IMO its not worth the work, sell the motor on k20a use that money to upgrade what you got.

flash pro
header and exhaust
I have header exhaust and Intake. Flash pro is next . I was planning to go turbo ...do I require the rest mods you mention there ?

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Not sure what all is there ti be done

The 07 is manual and my 04 is auto. I'm staying auto

Not really burning ...just enough for me to do an oil change at 4k km

I have header exhaust and Intake. Flash pro is next . I was planning to go turbo ...do I require the rest mods you mention there ?
No not really, but why turbo it and only get half the results you could?

Engines are just air pumps, the more air you push in the more power you get out.... But you still need to get the air in and out as fast as possible. Which is the reason for the list of mods I gave.

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No not really, but why turbo it and only get half the results you could?

Engines are just air pumps, the more air you push in the more power you get out.... But you still need to get the air in and out as fast as possible. Which is the reason for the list of mods I gave.
Should I do these mods on the 07 engine before I do the swap? I want to go ideally 400hp so stage 2 or stage 3 cams? I'm going to start ordering today.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Should I do these mods on the 07 engine before I do the swap? I want to go ideally 400hp so stage 2 or stage 3 cams? I'm going to start ordering today.
The 07 is marginally better, if your 100% that motor is better than the one you have then I guess you could swap it. Personally I would have it gone over though, make sure all is ok, replace the rings and mains, seals etc.

I hate cam stages, they mean nothing. If you want something to compare it to dragcartel 2.2 enduro cams are perfect for boost. Big cams and boost dont work very well as the overlap will start leaking boost out.

Dont start ordering anything untill you are 100% sure you know what you need, make phone calls ask questions. Go on k20a.org. Do not rush or you will end up spending more than you need to.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Not sure if 400hp on auto is a good idea

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you swap anything, do the complete assembly. /thread

flash pro
header and exhaust
what will rrc, tb, cams, valvtrain give me hp wise?

The 07 is marginally better, if your 100% that motor is better than the one you have then I guess you could swap it. Personally I would have it gone over though, make sure all is ok, replace the rings and mains, seals etc.

I hate cam stages, they mean nothing. If you want something to compare it to dragcartel 2.2 enduro cams are perfect for boost. Big cams and boost dont work very well as the overlap will start leaking boost out.

Dont start ordering anything untill you are 100% sure you know what you need, make phone calls ask questions. Go on k20a.org. Do not rush or you will end up spending more than you need to.
im sooo confused! im willing to spend $ for good parts in stages of course. what is the most I can go NA? 350hp?

Not sure if 400hp on auto is a good idea
why do you say that?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
why do you say that?
First, 400hp is useless in FWD cars unless there is traction control (LSD, Hondata Traction Control). You'll have 400hp but you lose a damn lot of it through wheel spin.

Second, your automatic transmission will wear out like a mother from turbo applications due to higher torque. You will end up with a bad transmission and more money will need to be spent to fix it or upgrade it.

Please research before you do these kinds of modification.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
First, 400hp is useless in FWD cars unless there is traction control (LSD, Hondata Traction Control). You'll have 400hp but you lose a damn lot of it through wheel spin.
ehhh :p You gotta run 255s or bigger in the front if you wanna hook up.

OP: High hp and a stock auto trans do not mix very well. I dont know of any upgrades for the auto trans in the k series but im sure there may be one.

But please research and do your hw, by the sound of your questions it seems as if you are not 100% sure on some very basic k series details.

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ehhh :p You gotta run 255s or bigger in the front if you wanna hook up.

OP: High hp and a stock auto trans do not mix very well. I dont know of any upgrades for the auto trans in the k series but im sure there may be one.

But please research and do your hw, by the sound of your questions it seems as if you are not 100% sure on some very basic k series details.
i know body work and audio a bit, not engine mods lol i think turbo is the way to go. if the tranny blows then ill build

·
AT MAGIC
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
anything above 300hp on auto is risky you have to beef the gearing to take it.. you can get a TQ converter that will help alot also a tranny cooler after that the axles and the internals need to be beefed up.. you got the cash anything is possible though..
Thanks for the positive advice :) I am in the industry so a good friend of mine actually builds tq converters and the rest parts should not be hard to find . can't wait to go turbo !!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.