Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started hearing loud clunking noises and every now and then popping sounds coming from my rear suspension. I jacked up the car and checked my endlinks, since they were the culprit last time, but they were all tight and snug. Then I noticed this...

That doesn't look natural to me... what happened? And is this why I'm hearing the clunking and popping?

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man. Doesn't look too bad. He recommends ordering Delrin bushings but they require dimensions in order to fabricate the bushing. Will they be the same for our cars versus the RSX's?

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
i would assume so... those coilovers vary only slightly form car to car in general. And since its an Acura compared to an an Acura, with regard to the bushing... you should be fine

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I contacted Buddy Club and they sell the bushings. Luckily their headquarters is located not too far from my house. The tech said there are two types of bushing sizes for the N+'s apparently. One is 38mm in diameter and the other is 43mm. I didn't realize they made two different "types" of N+'s for our car.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm bumping this to the top. Does anyone know the diameter of the N+ bushings? I called Buddy Club and they said they have two sizes for the bushings, 38mm and 43mm. When I measured mine, I came up short at 35mm. I checked and double checked, and I kept get 35mm.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I'm bumping this to the top. Does anyone know the diameter of the N+ bushings? I called Buddy Club and they said they have two sizes for the bushings, 38mm and 43mm. When I measured mine, I came up short at 35mm. I checked and double checked, and I kept get 35mm.
Why not take the coil to their headquarters and have them tell you?

·
( o)( o)
964 Posts
I'm gonna say that 35mm is the 38mm...

...or just buy both and return what you don't need... stop wasting your time

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think I remember reading that you are suppose to preload the suspension before tightening up that lower strut bolt or else the bushing will bind. Maybe that's why the bushing went? Did you check the other 3 corners for the same problem?

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea, I'm pretty sure I did that. Sorry, just thinking out loud right now, but the coilover naturally sits too high to fit into the knuckle right? I would've had to have jacked the knuckle up in order to fit the bolt in. Is there another way I could've done it wrong?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you torque the bolt? I'm thinking either that strut was twisting around a bit in there or it's over tightened and squished the bushing. I know when I did mine after tightening the lower bolt I could still very slightly twist the strut, so I took a nut and put it on the end of the bolt and tightened that up as well. Basically double nutting the bottom bolt. I then tried to move the strut again and it was tight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.