Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Former Lude Driver
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I saw a thread with a guy that used the 3M Di-Noc CF Vinyl stuff so I tried it for myself. It came out pretty good IMO. Next is to do all the silver stuff. Here are some pics

EDIT: I finished some of the silver trim. The radio was not fun but here are some pictures.

^^Biggest PITA...

but it came out ok

and a night shot...ill take more tomorrow in the day time

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Where did you buy the wrap from?

Looks good!

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Well done!! Looks great.

The bit of silver on the little compartment covers must've been time consuming to cut around?

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Nice job. I wanna do all the silver pieces in my interior as well. Just scared cause I don't want to see any visible flaws and I am not confident that it will come out well. Was this your first time or do you have experience laying the vinyl down?

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
nicee

·
Registered
972 Posts
Very nice job. My next project - if only I could find a reseller of this product in the GTA that actually stocks all color variations.

·
&#26410;&#26469;&#12408;&#12392;
2,253 Posts
looks neat :)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Yea, very clean install

·
Registered
972 Posts
Can you tell me which seller you bought this off from ebay? And you used a heat gun right? I don't seem to see any bubbles/warps, was it easy to do?
Supposedly it's an easy to install vinyl, either wet or dry. It has some sort of air release channels for bubble-free application. Heat is only required if you need to stretch the vinyl.

·
Former Lude Driver
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well done!! Looks great.

The bit of silver on the little compartment covers must've been time consuming to cut around?
Thanks! And it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I used a plastic card to press it a close as I could to get a guideline and after I cut it out, I used the heat gun to soften it up and press it in around the silver.
Nice job. I wanna do all the silver pieces in my interior as well. Just scared cause I don't want to see any visible flaws and I am not confident that it will come out well. Was this your first time or do you have experience laying the vinyl down?
Thanks! This was my first time. It was time consuming but it really isn't difficult. My best advice is take your time. It's hard to mess up
Can you tell me which seller you bought this off from ebay? And you used a heat gun right? I don't seem to see any bubbles/warps, was it easy to do?
importcarpartsplus...But it wasn't hard just time consuming.

Thanks for all the kudos :)

·
FAH-Q
809 Posts
too bad you arent local! Id gladly pay you to do mine haha! I dont have the time or patience to take something on like that. The end result looks great, I hate the surface of the plastic honda used for the top of the centre console. You can see your finger grease everytime you touch the damn thing

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
too bad you arent local! Id gladly pay you to do mine haha! I dont have the time or patience to take something on like that. The end result looks great, i hate the surface of the plastic honda used for the top of the centre console. You can see your finger grease everytime you touch the damn thing
+1

1 - 20 of 35 Posts