Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
That's why I never post my exact build number, since someone could derive my VIN based on that and the info in my sig.

Vehicle grade "7" doesn't exist. I guess it was allocated, but the Cdn product planners pulled that variant before the introduction.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I know my car's build number is #352 cuz of the VIN.:cool:

·
a girl with an acura...
31 Posts
the dealer told me that there were only to be 15,000 of the tsx's produced for '04. if that's the case, and the vin info is correct, i supposedly have the 31,178th car...help me understand please? :confused:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
wickedlysane said:
the dealer told me that there were only to be 15,000 of the tsx's produced for '04. if that's the case, and the vin info is correct, i supposedly have the 31,178th car...help me understand please? :confused:
This comes up a lot. The "15,000" thing has been widely misunderstood, and maybe sometimes purposely misused by salespeople.

Here's the deal: 15,000 was never intended to be a limit; it was just an estimate, or projection, of how many cars were going to be sold per year.

There are two key points there, both of which have been widely misunderstood:

(1) Estimate/projection. Repeat, estimate/projection. That's not the same as "limit."

(2) "Per year." Repeat, "per year." That doesn't mean "'04's," because the '04's will cover MORE THAN a full year. They came out in April 2003 and will continue probably until about September 2004, maybe October. That would be at least 17 months, not 12.

So, even if the 15,000 were a "limit," which it never was, that would mean about 22,000 of the cars. It looks like it's going to wind up being well over 30,000, probably closer to 40,000.

BTW another misunderstanding by many people has been that the 15,000 figure was supposed to be the limit that would be sold by the end of last year -- i.e. for calendar year 2003. In fact, I think that's what MOST people thought it meant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts