Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the intake, headers and exhaust package closed. But im still not getting the "umph" that im looking for. :bawling: Does anyone else know of any engine mods that could help me out in this area? :confused:
regardless of price?

-Travis

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Only thing I can think of is to wait for a SuperCharger or Turbo...

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cmon guys, theres gotta be somthing i can do....

·
Registered
180 Posts
You're saying "regardless of price" and you obviously want a healthy does of performance. Thus, the possibilities for you are endless.

You can go with a custom turbo set up or you can do N/A mods such as headwork, cams, etc. Honda motors seem to respond very well to head work. The sky's the limit if your budget is open. If you want to go quick and dirty, you can always go with a wet nitrous set up that would be very simple and not require ECU reprogramming. A 50 shot would give you that nice push you are looking for.

If all this sounds like too much work, you can always upgrade to more powerful cars such as the TL, G35, or Altima. Any of these 3 will give you a significant boost in accelerative performance. With the G35, you would actually have more of a chance to put the power down due to RWD.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
:nod:
good points alterzgo :thumbsup:

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the thing is that im in love with the tsx,ride comfort, feel, basically everything about the car except the power...my question is are there any more mods i can do without getting under the head and voiding warranty?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Not that I know of, sorry.

And forced induction will also void your warranty in general.

Fit the catback on first, if you want more. There are other things to improve your "power" concerns. Sometimes it's not always related to power, weight reduction and putting power to the ground effectively can dramatically change the "power" aspect as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Noel said:
There are other things to improve your "power" concerns. Sometimes it's not always related to power, weight reduction and putting power to the ground effectively can dramatically change the "power" aspect as well.
Agreed. But, the dude likes, "the ride comfort, feel..." I don't think he's about to start stripping the interior.

With respect to increasing power to the wheels w/o internal engine mods, from my experience with SR20 an VG30DETT motors, underdrive pulleys have freed up a good 5 or so hp on these engines. Does anyone make an aftermarket underdrive pulley for the TSX? How about a lightened flywheel?

·
Registered
180 Posts
houstontsx,

You may also want to consider getting lighter rims and tires. Depending on how much weight you save, you can noticeably increase the hp to the wheels by using lighter rims/tires. I was watching some cable show where they were modding an RSX with a bunch of Mugen parts and they lost something like 10 wheel hp by adding larger rims/tires and brakes. If you were to get some super light Volks or Racing Harts and pair them with some lighter tires, you'd free up some noticeable HP.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
AlterZgo said:
Does anyone make an aftermarket underdrive pulley for the TSX? How about a lightened flywheel?
No and Yes ... My knowledge and experience with pulleys on factory blocked NA Honda engines have little to no feasible use other than bling. If you want to look at lightening the flywheel, prepare to lose that ride comfort, it will make the ride harsher especially when the revs climb and drop much quicker than before.

Bottom line, you have to compromise comfort and luxury for power and performance. There's no way around this especially when you don't want to do engine work, don't want to use forced induction and don't want to reduce weight.

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im getting the PRO J8 racing harts pretty soon, and a jdm CF hood will follow...maybe that will give it a little jolt...

G

·
-Extrude hone the intake manifold
-Bore-out throttle body (3mm or so)

All the mods you've done are to increase airflow. Now might be the time to get an accurate reading of the a/f ratio (wideband O2 sensor) to see if it's time to start adding more fuel. If this is the case it might be beneficial to get and adjustable fuel pressure regulator or even new (higher flowing) injectors.

BTW the lighter rims idea is great if you're willing to run 16" wheels!!!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The throttle body mod it not beneficiary unless you're running a tuned engine, different ECU or forced induction. Once again, stock factory blocks have little benefits from this. Also running 16s on this car are too small for optimal contact patch handling, this is considerably a medium sized sedan.

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
do they have a new ecu out for the TSX? if so, where to buy?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts