Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
2004 TSX & 2007 R1
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently decided it's time to replace my rubber pedals... what is a decent looking "cheap" replacement I can get outside OEM?

I was looking for something outside OEM but if not comes up at a fair price I would prob go back to OEM.

I haven't looked for after market parts in years so I hope you guys can help me here! Thanks!

suggests/links/pic would be HIGHLY helpful... im looking for "stock" looking but with a tad of flash... black/aluminum pretty much (NO CF preferred)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I have the same and they have been holding up well after 2.5 years and still looks great.

Be warned though, you will have to drill holes in your brake and clutch pedals. But strut kings provide everything for you to do it minus the drill.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ohh those are nice. I guess I'll have to get those. :)

·
5,036 Posts
OEM cover on brake and clutch comes off. Gas and dead pedal stays original and you just screw the new pedal over.

·
2004 TSX & 2007 R1
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn those are nice... the drilling part does hurt alil haha but looks like the best ones are drilled in?

·
2004 TSX & 2007 R1
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GAH!!! the price hurts alil too haha... any suggestions around the $40-60 range? I;m still considering the strutkings tho!

·
5,036 Posts
GAH!!! the price hurts alil too haha... any suggestions around the $40-60 range? I;m still considering the strutkings tho!
You won't find a cheaper custom fitted pedal than Strut King as far as I know.

There are universal fitting pedals that are cheaper but of course, they won't fit or look OEM like Strut King.

·
5,036 Posts
Looks like I was wrong, you can try these: JDM STAINLESS STEEL 4PCS PEDAL 04 05 06 07 08 ACURA TSX | eBay

Don't know how well they fit since they curve at the bottom and our pedals don't curve like that. Also, I'm not entirely sure if they include the right size drill bit for the screws. Strut King provides the right size drill bit for their screws.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't think the rubber is entirely useful for the gas or the dead pedal, probably why they didn't come with them in the first place. The brake pedal i totally understand though.

·
fresh to death
2,643 Posts

·
5,036 Posts
is there a way to put those rubber inserts into the strut king dead pedal and gas? and i dont like that dead pedal, check out the RSX-S one looks more like the Euro R without the Rubber...CorSport: Acura - 2002-2006 Acura RSX - SK06-HPDL-RF heeltoe's Honda Genuine Pedal Set, Euro-R 04-08 TSX 5AT - HeelToe Automotive
Just wish we could put the rubber inserts in.
Rubber inserts are not needed for dead pedal and gas since you don't press on it as hard as the brake and clutch.

Also, that style dead pedal looks weird on a TSX because the TSX dead pedal is rectangular. It's shaped like that because the Euro-R dead pedal is shaped like that.

Here's what it looks like on an actual Euro-R

And here's what it looks like on a TSX (Sorry Damon, haha)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Rubber inserts are not needed for dead pedal and gas since you don't press on it as hard as the brake and clutch.

Also, that style dead pedal looks weird on a TSX because the TSX dead pedal is rectangular. It's shaped like that because the Euro-R dead pedal is shaped like that.

Here's what it looks like on an actual Euro-R

And here's what it looks like on a TSX (Sorry Damon, haha)

^^Also doesn't help that the dead pedal was installed crooked lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
Keep in mind if you want Mugen and Ultimate Pedals combo it will end up running you... 300? I already had a Mugen set from years back, otherwise I would've gone strut king probably. That Mugen set posted just after mine is a set for the SI I believe. The gas pedal does look a bit weird on there... the vehicle it was intended for having a much smaller pedal obviously... but I was always curious if it fit decently on there, and now we know! The best part of my setup is no drilling though! I know the accel pedal should be drilled down, but given that there is no grip on the surface and it is taped down well, it will not be coming off during daily driving. I did consider gluing in some cut off screw heads though haha.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts