Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing other TSXes on Instagram having this bump on their trunk. I kinda dig the look of it compared to the ones that just screw onto the license plate or DIY. And yes, I do want a backup camera.

If anybody knows what this is, I would like to source one.

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
419 Posts
There are a lot of cameras out there that resemble that. Hard to tell at that distance. Perhaps if you can get a closeup we can better help you. If not then google would be your best friend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a trunk from my local Japanese importer that had the camera installed but the cable was cut. I think it might be a option in Japan. The trunk has Honda Accord badging on it. I personally hated it. Lol. The housing was bulky and it wasn't color matched. Mine was chrome like the picture below.
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a lot of cameras out there that resemble that. Hard to tell at that distance. Perhaps if you can get a closeup we can better help you. If not then google would be your best friend.
I tried looking everywhere, especially the ones thats on the Nissan Cube, but I think its a little too big. Even the Japanese auction websites dont have them (I searched in Japanese).

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased a trunk from my local Japanese importer that had the camera installed but the cable was cut. I think it might be a option in Japan. The trunk has Honda Accord badging on it. I personally hated it. Lol. The housing was bulky and it wasn't color matched. Mine was chrome like the picture below.
View attachment 48804
If you were able to take it off, do you know what the part number was?

·
Registered
2007 Acura TSX
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think some other countries mandate the cameras

·
Registered
722 Posts
It's an optional extra from Japan, I have the brochure at home with the pictures in for it, they also came with front side facing cameras too. I can upload pictures later 👍🏻. Unfortunately there's no part numbers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some of the first gen pilots had that camera on the lift gate its nothing new just got to drill a hole on the trunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts