Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check with the previous owner on how fast the engine oil burns. 04-05 TSX has the potential of slightly burning oil internally due to engine design. From what I heard 06+ TSX engines do not have that issue.

Also check for fog formation inside the headlight, power steering hose leak and moving driver seat & track.

·
Registered
107 Posts
check to see if theres any shaking during acceleration from 20mph and up.

if its non navi check to see if the lights where the ac controls and the radio controls turn on when the headlights are turned on....

if its manual transmission check if theres a grind when you put it in gear at a stop from 1st to 2nd and into reverse.

if you red line from 1st gear to 2nd gear and it has a problem catching into 2nd gear.. its mostl likely a clutch problem

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Ben, glad to see another TSX'er in Qc!

First I would suggest to check into 06-08 models as they have some improvements over 04-05. If you plan on modding, then 07-08 will be your best bet.

Apart of this, grinding issues is persistent on 07-08 models but, if you change your transmission often, it will help.

I also experience the moving driver seat problem but, unfortunately there is no recall for the power steering hose in Canada. Mine is not leaking and if it does, I would change it myself.

With our poor roads in Quebec city, I would suggest to verify the lower arms bushings and other direction components as mine started to deteriorate a little.

Anyway, how many kilometers on it?
Are you looking for an auto or a manual?

Good luck!

J~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.