Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
HONDA Newb!
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating if I should lower my car or not....
and I've finally decided I should do it ;)

Which kit is best to remain the close to stock ride
comfort, yet have good drop and cornering?

I thought about Espelir, good 1" drop and I heard it has
pretty nice ride.. i'll probably get the rear sway as well
to help the suspension work of the car...

Or should I save up more and get A-Spec suspension? :)

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
cheori said:

Espelir spring :confused: You choice are pretty unique. I never heard people purchase that yet for TSX.
A-Spec all the way :thumbsup: You will get Shock & Spring for decent price & you don't have to worry anymore.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
I'm waiting for my Eiback Pro-System Kit to come in. Comes with Eibach Pro Kit Springs and Dampeners. Only cost $535 shipped. They're backordered from Tire Rack, but I should have mine within 2 weeks. I'll let you know how they are.

·
Registered
348 Posts
cheori said:

I am looking for the exact same thing. I am thinking the Tanabe NF210 (1.5 drop all around) or the Tein S spring (F 1.7 R 1.3 drop). In terms of pricing, they both are around 160-170 US. (I believe you may be able to find cheaper Tein S in ebay) I like the Tanabe NF210 since I heard alot of good things about it from NeoChaser. Recently, one of my frd told me that Tein S is not bad too. So now it's really hard to decide. I think both can give a nice drop. I NEED HELP TOO.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
dondon said:
I am looking for the exact same thing. I am thinking the Tanabe NF210 (1.5 drop all around) or the Tein S spring (F 1.7 R 1.3 drop). In terms of pricing, they both are around 160-170 US. (I believe you may be able to find cheaper Tein S in ebay) I like the Tanabe NF210 since I heard alot of good things about it from NeoChaser. Recently, one of my frd told me that Tein S is not bad too. So now it's really hard to decide. I think both can give a nice drop. I NEED HELP TOO.
What help you want????
go sit in NeoChaser's ride & feel it yourself & your friend's car if he has Teins. Compare it yourself.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Hmm... Well, The Aspecs prob the most comfortible, and its a really nice kit, the Mugens better if u want to save up even more, right joker?

Well anyway, personally Im just doing the Comptech Springs, 1 inch drop, somewhat better handiling (dialing out the Camber, instead of setting it back to 0).... good luck w/ whatever u decide...never heard of Espelir

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
or u can just wait till Noel gets here, and take his advice...damn European know it all w/ his sexy CL-7 and even sexier Avatar :D

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
cheori said:

You should get aspec suspension, i heard it lowers the car 1-1.5 inches and improves handling, while retaining most of the factory comfortable ride

·
Registered
125 Posts
pocketkiller said:
on those components...yes
So buying the A-spec suspension, but not having it installed by a dealer, is a "no go" as far as warranty, huh? Hmm, that kinda sucks since the dealer quoted me way, way more than what it would cost to install the a-spec susp. at a local (but somewhat reputable) speed shop, getting the oem acura part from ebay. I mean a few bucks is one thing, but dealer wanted $1,300 all told vs. little over $800.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
LI, who Rally or Island...?

Anyway, If you buy the Suspension from Ebay...u can get it for 6...and then Acura should only charge u about 400$ for the install.... costing about a grand total.... if u wanna pay 1,300 $... u could buy a Mugen Set up and get it installed, for not too much more

·
Registered
348 Posts
Bender Unit said:
What help you want????
go sit in NeoChaser's ride & feel it yourself & your friend's car if he has Teins. Compare it yourself.
yea..maybe that's a good idea

·
HONDA Newb!
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I see. when my friends installed Espelir on RSX and Tiburons, they were pretty satisfied. Seeing how spoon does not have a spring for the TSX, I thought I'd go espelir.. Or maybe I'll just save up the money and buy Aspec.. Seems like best bet for me.. :)

·
JDM > Mugen
324 Posts
Bender Unit said:
What help you want????
I think everyone should drive Neo's car at the next meet, so we can test it out :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
LI, who Rally or Island...?

Anyway, If you buy the Suspension from Ebay...u can get it for 6...and then Acura should only charge u about 400$ for the install.... costing about a grand total.... if u wanna pay 1,300 $... u could buy a Mugen Set up and get it installed, for not too much more
Island.

·
your resident mexican
32 Posts
check out the Tanabe DF210. i'm gonna get these. the DF springs lower the car more than the NF springs (DF is 2-2.25" and NF is like 1.5"). but from the pic the car looks good w/ that drop. not to much, not to little. i just wish i could find a TSX pic w/ the NF210s. you'd be able to compare the two better.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
295 Posts
I would definetly use the Tein H-tech springs. 1.1" drop and your ride feels as though you never dropped it. I am truly satisfied.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts