airsuspension lets u change the height of ur car by the use of a remote
loweringsprings just lower ur car

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Re: Re: what suspension

rAiN said:
what are those?
Never put Air suspension on a race car you will regret it!! it may look nice and cool (costly around $3,000) but it can blow at high speeds and you will have problems :D friends have done it to their show cars and during races at high speeds they had problems :D

Anyways, I would put coilovers!

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
To clarify a bit: when people talk about coilovers, theey are really describing adjustable coilovers. The TSX springs are coiled around the shocks/struts. The coilovers they are talking about are basically a spring with an adjustable sleeve where the spring perches on it.

Ground Control makes adjustable coilovers with their springs manufactured by Eibach. I've always had good luck with Eibach springs. I had Ground Controls also, the only downfall to me was that when entering/exiting driveways, parking lots, etc, they rattled a bit. A solution would be to install silencer tubing.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
HYPERION-X said:
To clarify a bit: when people talk about coilovers, theey are really describing adjustable coilovers. The TSX springs are coiled around the shocks/struts. The coilovers they are talking about are basically a spring with an adjustable sleeve where the spring perches on it.

Ground Control makes adjustable coilovers with their springs manufactured by Eibach. I've always had good luck with Eibach springs. I had Ground Controls also, the only downfall to me was that when entering/exiting driveways, parking lots, etc, they rattled a bit. A solution would be to install silencer tubing.
Rattled even on stock hight? i was thinking of adding that mod to my current car but if it rattles then nevermind. :p

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
Yes, regardless of height. It didn't rattle that often, like I said only when going in and out of places at low speed.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
HYPERION-X said:
Yes, regardless of height. It didn't rattle that often, like I said only when going in and out of places at low speed.
do tien products do that aswell? :confused:

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
I don't have any experience with a true coilover system like what tein makes. I did read on clubrsx that some were having a rattling problem. Thouugh it might be something curable.....by placing some silencer tubing where the spring meets the sleeve.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
I just read about cattman they made a new kit using progress coilovers and it does not rattle or make any noice for the nissan maxima is that possible?

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
I did some more research about what I mentioned about the Tein rattle. Well I guess that the person either installed some parts wrong or had defective parts.

I use to have a Maxima so I'm familiar with Cattman products. I believe their products are very good. It's definately possible they don't make any noise. I really have only had trouble with the coilover sleeve i.e. Ground Control, Skunk2.

·
Registered
46 Posts
there is a shop called deep stage up by where i live and they told me that coil-overs are not good at all. they said the ride sucks and they would rather get springs instead. but i said they are better performance wise. and they disagreed.

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
True coilovers can be better, BUT....most of the time people don't know how to tune their suspension. Some of the true coilovers are 24, 36, and even 50 way adjustable. People start messing with that when they don't know what they are doing.

Regular springs are great! The will make a significant difference in improved handling. Take a look at the RealTime Racing Integra Type R's. They go as simple as possible. They don't use coilovers, they use a regular spring (very stiff), infact they are Eibach springs.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
HYPERION-X said:
True coilovers can be better, BUT....most of the time people don't know how to tune their suspension. Some of the true coilovers are 24, 36, and even 50 way adjustable. People start messing with that when they don't know what they are doing.

Regular springs are great! The will make a significant difference in improved handling. Take a look at the RealTime Racing Integra Type R's. They go as simple as possible. They don't use coilovers, they use a regular spring (very stiff), infact they are Eibach springs.
my body kit is preety low so only way to get coilovers is with stock hight i was thinking of putting ground control coilovers will it help at all suspension wise? the stock goes up and down with the coilovers will it do that aswell even though its on stock hight.?

·
Registered
97 Posts
coilovers.....yu can have it slammed in the summer, and raise it back up in the winter....nothing better then that, and it's easy to do this process too.....

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
tsxclub said:
my body kit is preety low so only way to get coilovers is with stock hight i was thinking of putting ground control coilovers will it help at all suspension wise? the stock goes up and down with the coilovers will it do that aswell even though its on stock hight.?
So what you are saying is that you want to retain stock height but have a stiffer spring? If so, yes a Ground Control setup can be run at stock height and will be stiffer than stock.

I'm not sure what you meant by this though "the stock goes up and down with the coilovers will it do that aswell even though its on stock hight.?"

Are there any moderator positions left?

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeh there will be less movement with the stock hight if the springs are stiffer....das the only way to do it

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
HYPERION-X said:
So what you are saying is that you want to retain stock height but have a stiffer spring? If so, yes a Ground Control setup can be run at stock height and will be stiffer than stock.

I'm not sure what you meant by this though "the stock goes up and down with the coilovers will it do that aswell even though its on stock hight.?"

Are there any moderator positions left?
Yes we have mod positions left check my reply in mod forum :D

What i mean is when i drive with the stock suspensin and hit a pot hole the car goes up and down starting at the front usually hits the body kit..

With coilovers will it do the same thing?

My friend has eibach springs and his car does not move around as much as my stock springs do...

just got my tokico blues in might just order coilovers aswell if you think it will help :D

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
What car do you have? How old are the shock/struts?

If you want to raise or lower your car to specific heights not allowed by conventional lowering springs or raise or lower your car for a car show or racing then adjustable coilovers will be for you. They do make springs that barely lower it but have stiffer spring rates, this may be another option.

If you are saying your car is really bouncy, that is a sure sign that the shocks/struts are worn out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts