Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am in Aus...
i'm ask the dealer about the Oil. and they alway keep saying the Honda Oil is the best u can get.
but i'm not truse them.... i am using the Mobil One 5W-50 (i think not so sure) The Dealer say it not suit for my car, it can kill my moter. Also I have one more Q. My headlight get the water inside... don't how....(i parked the car for 4 week) and when i come back from oversea... (WTF going on...!) (f)(l)(a)(
Today I just take the car to the dealer.... they change me the new headlight + new HID box + new computer. That what they tell me (i need to wait until tomorrow to get the car back. cuz i need to get the part ship from SDY.
the computer should **** up cuz the water get in there. i'm not sure or the HID box get shock....!(as i remember the HID box put out about 25000volt)
i'm also got the Tein damper from oversea, my car so low right now (i go as low as i can for the setting on the damper)..... My car ganna look ROCK....! now :ben:

MOD
Keystly body kid.... 2 more weeks (get ship from japan...!)
but no money for the point :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SAZABI said:
Motul 8100, i like :thumbsup:
Thx. when i first buy the car... they car run really good. After i get the first serive my car really slow (really laging) i think they used thicker old (some thing like 10w or 15w
then after that 2 week i change the oil again by myself. i'm using the mobile one..... really smooth really come quick...! :mardi:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
There is no "best" IMO and no one can use such a label. It comes down to operating temperature, viscousity and application to determine what is suitable. For Australian conditions and general road use, I'd suggest either using the factory Honda Type R engine out 10W-30 or Mobil 1 Gold 10W-30. One is a semi-synthetic while the second one is a full synthetic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Agree with Noel.

Location is an all important factor IMO as you'd have very different requirements if you lived in Alaska or Australia.

I'm no expert but I'd be inclined say that you would not need fully synthetic in Australia (esp not 5-40) due to the hot weather and the nature of sythetics being a bit on the thin side.

I'd personally go for a semi (like Magnatec or Shell Helix) with a low viscosity as the weather will thin things out nicely.

Just my tupence

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Motul is a great oil beter than alot i've tried, BUT!! it's mainly good for race, it dosen't last long, it gose bad so fast even the street spec oil versions turn thick and black, and engine not as smooth, short term use, like on track days stick with motul.

IMO i recomend elf or Agip, they last way longer and maintain its performance over long term...

unfortunatley I can't give you an opinion on Mobile1 becasue here in northamerica, the make-up on the oil is different from the euorpean mobile1, alot of people here call it the fake mobile1 cuz it sucks :jester:

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Cyde said:
Motul is a great oil beter than alot i've tried, BUT!! it's mainly good for race, it dosen't last long, it gose bad so fast even the street spec oil versions turn thick and black, and engine not as smooth, short term use, like on track days stick with motul.

IMO i recomend elf or Agip, they last way longer and maintain its performance over long term...

unfortunatley I can't give you an opinion on Mobile1 becasue here in northamerica, the make-up on the oil is different from the euorpean mobile1, alot of people here call it the fake mobile1 cuz it sucks :jester:
no wonder.... I really hate mobil1 b/c I think it simply sux :party:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I use the 300V Motul series competition engine oils in our race cars and that is changed out every track session, less than 500 KMs on average per session. I wouldn't recommend this to be used as a daily driven oil. Not only as mentioned above, it only lasts for a short time. (Maximum optimal mileage - 2500 ~ 3000 KMs).

Anymore distance and the oil temperature will rise and not reduce. Oil quality will also deteroriate at a very extreme rate. Highly not recommended for road use unless you're willing to change at the end of the opimal mileage rate. Not to mention, it isn't cheap.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
motul 8100 ... ~ :D
but it will last for abt 6k km max

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
is there like an echo in here???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Noel said:
There is no "best" IMO and no one can use such a label. It comes down to operating temperature, viscousity and application to determine what is suitable. For Australian conditions and general road use, I'd suggest either using the factory Honda Type R engine out 10W-30 or Mobil 1 Gold 10W-30. One is a semi-synthetic while the second one is a full synthetic.

Thx a lot Noel.....
i'm already change the Moblie1 today. and already get my car back..... i think for next time i will using the honda oil.
also i wanna ask u one more thing. is Honda Aus... have many type of oil???
eg. semi-synthetic and full synthetic
thx alot eveyone :thumbsup:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Honda Australia has 2 recommended or acceptable specification engine oils for the Accord Euro. One is the standard Honda FEO for all generic models and the other is the Honda Type R grade used by Civic VTi-Rs, Prelude VTi-R, Integra Type R & S, S2000 and NSX. Both are semi-synthetic, no factory engine oil in Australia by Honda factory is full synthetic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx again

Noel said:
Honda Australia has 2 recommended or acceptable specification engine oils for the Accord Euro. One is the standard Honda FEO for all generic models and the other is the Honda Type R grade used by Civic VTi-Rs, Prelude VTi-R, Integra Type R & S, S2000 and NSX. Both are semi-synthetic, no factory engine oil in Australia by Honda factory is full synthetic.
thx a lot Noel....
how about the code for the oil is that still the same??? (10w-30)

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
i'm using elf Excellium LDX 5W40 Synthetic

any comments on it??

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Dr.X3000 said:
how about the code for the oil is that still the same???
Honda FEO is 5W-40 if I remember correctly but don't quote me on it. The label clearly shows the big FEO letters on the packaging.

While the Type R is 10W-30, that I'm sure and has the distinctive red R symbol on the packaging.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Noel said:
Honda FEO is 5W-40 if I remember correctly but don't quote me on it. The label clearly shows the big FEO letters on the packaging.

While the Type R is 10W-30, that I'm sure and has the distinctive red R symbol on the packaging.

Thx a lot noel...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts