Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I have a 2014 TSX 6MT FWD. I still have the OEM tires that came with the car brand new, and used to live in FL. I moved to Seattle last year. It mainly rains a lot which isn't a problem, and summer is dry. It only snows once a year in here for about a week. But since it is hilly, the OEM tires are not helping my car in the snow/ice. But I do not want to buy a separate set of winter tires just for a week or so of use per year. So, which tire, if there any, works best for me that will be best for mostly rain and dry, but occasional snow/ice in hilly areas? My OEMs are on 55k miles so I will change all 4 tires.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would go on the TireRack website, and look at their comparison tests. Guess a good "all season" performance tire should serve you well, but different tires are designed to perform in different situations, so not all brands or models of tires are the same. At 55K miles, your current tires probably aren't performing up to OEM spec in snow, so whatever you buy will probably perform better now.

·
-
1,750 Posts
The stock wheels and tires for a 2014 TSX are 17 x 7.5 and 225/50r17's.
Those wheels are too wide for any winter tire to do any good in the winter.

For Seattle and if you are not driving to Mount Baker every w/end for skiing/boarding, just get new all-season tires and work from home on snow days, or take the bus or Uber or friend..
And it doesn't sound like you are concerned about summer performance.

All-weather tires (NOT all-season) would help in snow and rain but would compromise summer performance.
All-weather tires include Nokians, Toyo Celsius, Goodyear Weather-ready and others...

If you are concerned about summer performance and winter performance, 2 sets of wheels and tires are the answer.
See my signature for what we do on our 1st Gen TSX.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If storage is not a problem, get a set of dedicated winter tires and dedicated summer tires. For winter driving, I recommend Nokian. Expensive but they can perform well in the snow and ice. For performance summer tires, you have many options like Michelin, BFG, Nitto and Hankook tires. It will just depend on your budget and brand preference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Conti DWS06 and Michelin AS3+ are high performance all seasons with focus on dry/wet stuff, but can pass for a lot of folks in the snow.
Great compliance for the road as well and have my vote. All my non-SUV's are on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.