·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so far all that i've found that fits my car is:

-pilot sport supremacy
-BF goodridge Traction T/A
-Falken ze-512

what else is there that comes in 215/50 R17?

thanks =)

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so far i've been to "costco" (less selection but go service and warrenty coverage and nitrogen filled tires) and "eastern canada tire" hastings and comercial (looks pretty shaddy operation, i doubpt they have any warrenty on the tires)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
A few months ago, we were talking about what would be the best "overall" tires for the TSX -- i.e. better performance without sacrificing ride or longevity or MPG. Our guy SJLee suggested Continentals (I think other people agreed), and he seemed to have good facts behind what he was saying. At the time, they cost something like $90 each.

Cost isn't necessarily the main thing for me about tires, but even so, those are what I'm planning to get for my car, probably within the next few months.

Here's a search that will give you some of those old threads on tires:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/search.php?searchid=34438

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
add to the list
toyo
kumho

i think falken is pretty good for what you pay for.

yeah... go to that "naam fong" on hasting, good price. But, don't let them put the tires on for u if u have nice rims, unless the boss is doing it himself. The workers there can scratch ur rims pretty well. :rofl:

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
SAZABI said:
add to the list
toyo
kumho

i think falken is pretty good for what you pay for.

yeah... go to that "naam fong" on hasting, good price. But, don't let them put the tires on for u if u have nice rims, unless the boss is doing it himself. The workers there can scratch ur rims pretty well. :rofl:

my friend use to put on tires all the time, he said it's not possible to scratch rims using a machine to help put them on, they never touch the face of your rims, and does is matter if they scratch the inside? i dunno? :donno:

where you recomend to mount them?

which kumo tire is good?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Cyde said:
my friend use to put on tires all the time, he said it's not possible to scratch rims using a machine to help put them on, they never touch the face of your rims, and does is matter if they scratch the inside? i dunno? :donno:

where you recomend to mount them?

which kumo tire is good?
m...i agree with sazabi...
those worker will use not only the machine...but some tools to install ur tires...

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
depends on the profile... if 18" for our car, just the machine alone is not gonna do it. (unless it is a super expensive one, but I don't know which tire shop has it locally).

Teamwork is pretty good. at least they did not scatch the lip of my wheels :)
and yes, u are right, they usually scratch only the inside, but also the lip if it is hard to install.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
SAZABI said:
yeah... those steel bar thing... chinese is "iron pen" HA HA... I don't know what you call those in english. Pry bar or sth like that... lol
ya ya......iron long tool....donno what the hell is that call

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i know that some places use the newer european style "touchless" system which they never touch the rim

so what tire is good??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.