Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct section of the forums, but here we go.

I'm going to check out a 2005 TSX this weekend and thought I'd ask the community what they should I should look for, watch out for, or ask about during the meeting besides the basic car stuff. Anything in particular that you all would suggest?

FYI, the car has approximately 105,000 miles on it.

Thanks!

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
There a lot of threads on these 04/05. AC is a big issue, has it been replaced before... the 04/05 ac are not reliable and may "grenade", est repair is 1500-4000. That has been the biggest gripe on these earlier model.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
05 TSX Reliability

I have an 05 TSX-6spd and it has been incredibly reliable. Only one problem with driver's door power lock master switch. Was fixed under warranty but according to this forum has been a widespread issue with this car. No other complaints.

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
The AC was NOT an issue on the '05. The door lock actuators are a problem in all the TSXs. I would just inspect it thoroughly (like any used vehicle). Make sure you test drive it and get it up to cruising speed (60+) and make sure there's no strange shaking or vibrations.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What you mean 06 are faster and easier for hondata. i just purchased a 05 3 weeks ago. Lowered it and diy intake. but i got ?? from speed wise.
cams are better on 06 i believe but you cant just drop and play in a 05 Right?

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
06+ received a larger throttlebody, intake manifold, exhaust manifold downpipe, and a less restrictive cat, along with updated cams and larger intake valves. Hondata reflashing works exactly the same on 04-06 but if you want to buy the flashpro for further tuning, you need the 07-08 ECU.

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
There a lot of threads on these 04/05. AC is a big issue, has it been replaced before... the 04/05 ac are not reliable and may "grenade", est repair is 1500-4000. That has been the biggest gripe on these earlier model.
What AC grenade issue? I have an 05 and nod I'm worried lol. I would say the biggest thing to look into is the vibration issue. Man that shit has made want to trade my car in so bad! Came close many times but I'm still here 92k n counting bought used. If your buying it at 105k you need to make sure that everything from 100k maintenance was done.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
AC Grenade is when the compressor blows up and spread through out the lines..

According to the sticky, even some 06/07 have AC issues now. 05 definitely has AC issue, I have an 05 and I have a AC repair bill to show it happens on 05

Its even a sticky on the forum
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/58682-has-your-ac-failed-report-here.html

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/55000-will-my-ac-grenade-itself-soon.html

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-problems-fixes/58641-acs-black-death.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts