Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just found this forum as I am about to buy an 2006 TSX. The car is very clean and seems like it was well taken care of. The kilometres are quite high at 200K, which is the only concern I have. Its selling for $9,000 up in Canada. I just want to know if there are some things I should check for at this high KMs or if there is any expensive scheduled maintenance coming up soon.

Thanks guys for any information here.

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Hi,

I just found this forum as I am about to buy an 2006 TSX. The car is very clean and seems like it was well taken care of. The kilometres are quite high at 200K, which is the only concern I have. Its selling for $9,000 up in Canada. I just want to know if there are some things I should check for at this high KMs or if there is any expensive scheduled maintenance coming up soon.

Thanks guys for any information here.
If all the usual suspects (universal items to check when buying a car) look good to you (or trusted mechanic/equivalent), I would personally check the timing chain tensioner at that mileage. It would take a bit of work to check it though. There have been a couple threads here from members that got CEL P0341 due to stretched chain/skipped timing.
Google search:
https://www.google.ca/#safe=off&scl...920&bih=1075&bvm=pv.xjs.s.en_US.MpiVkF51mpA.O

Here are the steps:

·
Registered
127 Posts
At that mileage the rubber components in the suspension are likely quite worn. Check lower control arm bushings as they are most likely cracked. Front and rear sway bar bushings might be loose as well.

Take the car on the highway and see if the steering wheel vibrates between 100-120 km/h. The CV joint might be worn out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.