Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
It's spring and strut combo that you need to be concerned about. Camber kits are all mostly the same and aren't necessarily paired with springs.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,461 Posts
isnt spring/ strut setups more in price usually than tein basic coilovers? i mean think about it- u get yourself a set of eibach pro kit springs- 1.9 inch drop- 200.00 bucks. than you go by konis with the adjustable perches for 600.00 bucks. your looking at 800.00. to me thats a waste when you get more bang for your buck with coilovers- even if you never change the settings!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,461 Posts
To support my theory--

eBay Motors: EIBACH PRO-KIT LOWERING SPRINGS 04-08 ACURA TSX (item 220400195446 end time May-21-09 00:23:10 PDT)

eBay Motors: Koni Sport Shocks Struts 04 - 07 Acura TSX (item 260280965597 end time May-26-09 11:22:43 PDT)

VS-

eBay Motors: TEIN BASIC COILOVER 04-06 ACURA TSX DSA64 (item 200255539438 end time May-15-09 19:17:04 PDT)

so heres what im saying- 855.00 shipped for coilovers vs 637.99 for shocks that are the best ones for the car for aftermarket- and 235.00 for springs- total- 872.00 so to me you get more for less.

·
Registered
361 Posts
isnt spring/ strut setups more in price usually than tein basic coilovers? i mean think about it- u get yourself a set of eibach pro kit springs- 1.9 inch drop- 200.00 bucks. than you go by konis with the adjustable perches for 600.00 bucks. your looking at 800.00. to me thats a waste when you get more bang for your buck with coilovers- even if you never change the settings!
Actually no. I'm not sure if you were trying to use a bad example but you might as well get the koni cup kit thats comes with matched koni springs for $599. Second the Basics have no dampening adjustment and your not gonna get the same quality or life out of a coilover set. I can almost guarantee the Konis will last longer than the Teins. Teins will need to be rebuilt which I hear takes a month to get the coilover back.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Not really. You can get the Neuspeed/Koni Super Cup Kit from Neuspeed for $600 shipped. That's with your choice of Sport or Race springs. You can adjust the Koni's height up to 1/2 an inch and adjust the dampening of the shock. To me, that's the best bang for your buck.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,461 Posts
Actually no. I'm not sure if you were trying to use a bad example but you might as well get the koni cup kit thats comes with matched koni springs for $599. Second the Basics have no dampening adjustment and your not gonna get the same quality or life out of a coilover set. I can almost guarantee the Konis will last longer than the Teins. Teins will need to be rebuilt which I hear takes a month to get the coilover back.
well i have had my tein ss in my car for 3 1/2 years now- and have close to 65000 miles on my car and bought it with .3. put the coilovers in with 10,000 on my car. so 55000 miles on the car and not one problem.

i did not know that you can pick up them that cheap now and it comes combo'd like that and that cheap now. well than i guess things have come down in price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What website you see that at?
Thank you for the tips guys :p

·
Registered
817 Posts
go to heeltoe auto or check the sellers forums on here for heeltoe. You can order the koni kit from his website and enter tsxrocks in the coupon section for a discount.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Sorry i ment the Neuspeed/Koni Super Cup Kit ride
The ride is great! Stock like or better. Handles nice. Of course I have mine set to pretty soft.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks I am realy thinking about this setup!!
I was going to get the Tein Basics but i need the adjustment part.

can you take pic at your gaps front and back, are they close to the same size?

I feel if i got coilovers i would set them and never adjust them afterwords so whats the point?

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts

These are about the only pics I have currently. Settings are neutral perch up front and lowest perch in the rear with Sport springs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank You guys =) ^^ nice ride
I have one more question if i get this set up Neuspeed/Koni do i need a Camber&toe kit?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thank You guys =) ^^ nice ride
I have one more question if i get this set up Neuspeed/Koni do i need a Camber&toe kit?
You will need a camber kit. The ingalls kit comes with new camber/toe arms so its worth the $150 for the kit. If you don't get the kit and lower the car your rear tires will look like shit in a few thousand miles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts