Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm test driving one today here in Illinois. I found a dealership with a couple of Premium White Pearl 6 speed. If talks go well, I'm hoping to be able to drive it home today.
Please advice...
Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The dealership did have a premium white TSX but it was automatic. Anyway, they are giving me $700 off MSRP, good price on ground effects, spoiler, foglight and my trade-in.
I was expecting to pay MSRP but luckily the dealership was easy to talk to.
If you think this is a good deal and you're from Illinois, let me know. I will forward you the dealership info.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I left the dealership around noon. I'm hoping they find one this afternoon. If they do, then I'm probably taking delivery tomorrow with all the options installed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen other people posting even better deals. $1400 under MSRP in other states (Not IL) was the best I've seen. Libertyville (IL) Acura I think can beat $700 under MSRP. Ed Napleton Acura is another that might do $800 under MSRP.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way, this was the deal I got from from Arlington Acura in Palatine (Illinois).
Black 6 spd with Navi

$700 off MSRP
$1250 ground effects installed
$540 foglights installed
$622 wing installed
Free rustproofing
trade-in: I got $900 more than Kelly Blue book's trade-in value.

Easy people to talk to. My sales person (Barry) was okay (he was new) but I think it was the sales manager (Jeff) who made the deal easy. Jeff and I arrived at the price in less than 15 minutes after sitting down.

I was told I paid a lot for the foglights so you may want to learn from my mistake.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI. An email I received today...

End of the Month Special Sales
on ALL 2004 TSX'S MODEL WILL BE DISCOUNT BY
$1,000.00 OFF OF MSRP ON INSTOCK 2004 vehicles ONLY!
delivered by 06/30/2003 which is the expiration date of this offer.

When visiting the dealership, please print your quote and bring it with you.
This Special Prices quoted will only be honored by the
Sales Manager . and you must take delivery by
06/30/2003
We offer a variety of Acura option packages ...the list is long.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions,
or are perhaps ready for a test drive.
All communications via Internet e-mail or telephone should be directed to me,

Thank you,

KEN PADGITT
GENERAL SALE MANAGER
630-941-4300
[email protected]
Ed Napleton Acura Elmhurst, Il

Good Luck!

G

·
I went to Sunnyside Acura in Nashua NH since it's the only Acura dealer in NH. The saleman was new, he had no clue about the car. I know more about the car than him.
Well, the bottom line is that they would not drop a dime on a Silver with NAVI $28,990 flat. On top of that, they gave me a sh!tty price for my trade in. Oh well, off to Mass. I'll go. :mad:

G

·
Chigger of NH

Hey Chigger, I am from MA and would be very interested in hearing your interactions with MA Acura dealers. I am looking to purchase a TSX 6MT NAVI within the next few weeks. My Honda Accord is beat, god rest her soul; but she still sounds good after 212,000 miles at 4000 RPMs. Any information of your buying experience would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
artieb said:
Hey Chigger, I am from MA and would be very interested in hearing your interactions with MA Acura dealers. I am looking to purchase a TSX 6MT NAVI within the next few weeks. My Honda Accord is beat, god rest her soul; but she still sounds good after 212,000 miles at 4000 RPMs. Any information of your buying experience would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Welcome, artieb. Looks like Chigger hasn't been around for a long time. But whether or not he comes back, maybe some other people know about the dealers in MA......

G

·
ooops

Thanks Larchmont, I am new to this forum and in my excitement forgot to check that posting date... I can't help it, I really want to get my hands on a TSX. So if there are any people in the MA area that have recently purchased a TSX or have been to the dealer lots, give a holler of your experience. Much appreciated! :idea:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
artieb said:
Thanks Larchmont, I am new to this forum and in my excitement forgot to check that posting date... I can't help it, I really want to get my hands on a TSX. So if there are any people in the MA area that have recently purchased a TSX or have been to the dealer lots, give a holler of your experience. Much appreciated! :idea:
There was one other thread where someone asked. Not much came up, but FWIW here it is:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576&highlight=massachusetts

About not noticing the date: Don't worry, you're far from the first -- it happens a lot.
And BTW, I think it can happen even more easily with the new format/version, because (if I remember correctly about the old format) the date is much less prominent now. Indeed there is the advantage that the most recent posts are marked "Today" and "Yesterday" (I think that's an advantage but not sure), but in general the dates are very small, plus they just don't stand out.

Ray has been great on trying to accommodate suggestions about the new format.
I've got to add this one: Would it be possible to make the DATE more prominent. I mean, A LOT more prominent. I don't mean like this:

05-13-2003, 07:12 AM

:D .....but ideally it should be a lot more prominent than it is now, which is more like:

05-13-2003, 07:12 AM

This instance was the first one we're aware of where there was any problem, but we don't have to wait for other instances.
And it's not just that there can be "problems." Just routinely, we like to get an idea of the dates of things, and the way it is now, that's hard to see.

Edit: I thought about it a bit more, and IMO here's the problem:

That bold blue horizontal strip is great for separating the posts, but it tends to obliterate what's in it, which is mainly the date/time of the post. This could vary from person to person, so I guess it's just my own perception. Maybe we'll see if others agree or not.
IMO possible ways to fix it would be to take the date/time out of that bar and put it elsewhere (dunno, maybe like under the person's number of posts) -- or maybe just to make the date larger although that might not help at all. (The blue bar would then be bigger too, which might leave the same problem and might look horrible too.)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Actually, I think the date on the blue horizontal bar looks great. I think it brings more attention because it's located on something dark (contrast to rest of colors) and I can locate the date easier... (ie. I just look at dark bar, all the way to left)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
So, is $27,690.00 a good deal on a TSX w/ NAVI?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
HondaMan said:
So, is $27,690.00 a good deal on a TSX w/ NAVI?
Yes!

But let us ask: Does that include the "destination charge"?
You know, that extra $500 or whatever it is (I think now it's up to about $625)?
And does it include anything else?

Even if it doesn't include anything else, it's a good deal, because it's at least $800 below MSRP. If it includes any of that other stuff, it's even more below MSRP.

A lot of people lately have been getting $1000-$1500 off, which of course :D is even better than $800. But I think we've got to say even a few hundred off is a good deal.

One thing that hasn't come up lately, and this seems like as good a place as any to say it, is that it's possible that the "better" your deal, the more likely the delivery of the car might wind up getting delayed -- i.e. if they've agreed to sell the car to you for a GREAT price, and someone else comes along who's willing to pay more if they can get the car fast, you might get "bumped." Of course the ethics of such a practice are questionable at best, but I think there are clear indications that this has happened in quite a number of instances. Does this make it worthwhile to not negotiate as hard as you can? Very few people would say yes. But I gotta tell you, this was one reason I didn't bargain at all. I was lucky enough to be paying less for my chosen car than I expected I would have to (i.e. before the TSX existed), so I had been prepared to spend that much anyway. And I didn't want to take the slightest chance that I'd get bumped. Not that I didn't trust my dealership. They're great guys and all that, but I felt it was likely that this "bumping" practice did go on, although I had no idea if it happened there, and I still don't. But since coming onto these sites, I've seen enough to feel absolutely sure that this practice DOES go on.

I've tossed out this idea several times, on all the various TSX sites, and nobody has ever taken a bite at it. I've even suggested a couple of times that we have sort of a survey, where people say how much of a discount they got and how long they had to wait for the car, and especially if there were unexpected delays in the delivery, so we could see if there was a correlation between how good your deal is and whether you get bumped. But nobody ever bit at it. I guess people think the subject is too ugly to even consider.

But I'll bet you.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
$27,535 is another quote I got today from another dealership. I just emailed them back if that is the out the door price. I have a good car now, so I can hold out for a good deal if needed. I really want the TSX, but I can't stomach paying MSRP again.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
HondaMan said:
$27,535 is another quote I got today from another dealership. I just emailed them back if that is the out the door price. I have a good car now, so I can hold out for a good deal if needed. I really want the TSX, but I can't stomach paying MSRP again.
But both of those prices are way less than MSRP.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts