Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a good pressure to keep my tires at? I've got 18x7 wheels with 225/40/18 Falken ZE512 tires. During hard cornering the car tends to sway. The pressure is currently sitting at 32 psi on all four corners. Should I add or decrease?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Usually, the stock recommend pressure of 32 psi is good. However, w/ a low profile 225-40-18, I would probably go with 36 psi for rim protection.

DO NOT decrease the pressure below 32 psi!

·
Registered
48 Posts
1TSXer said:
What would be a good pressure to keep my tires at? I've got 18x7 wheels with 225/40/18 Falken ZE512 tires. During hard cornering the car tends to sway. The pressure is currently sitting at 32 psi on all four corners. Should I add or decrease?
Hey mate - I have the 512 tyres. They don't have a very stiff sidewall so the roll is to be expected. Try 36 pound but you may find it a little harsh on imperfect roads. How have you found wet weather performance with the 512? I think they are absolute shite in the wet - unless you like 4 wheel drifting :laugh:

·
Registered
47 Posts
well from what ive learned

when you buy new tires there no way for someone else to tell you what pressure to put in them, they can just tell you a starting point, what you need to go buy one of those little discs from auto zone that measures the tread depth and a air guage....drive for a week with someones recommended tire pressure then measure each line of tread....ideally you want all even tread which will make your tire last the longer and give you an even contact with the ground....is the middle of the tire is thinner than the outsides, you have too much, let 1-3 pounds out and drive for another week
if the outsides are thinner then you dont have enough pressure, add 1-3 lbs.....

...repeat with each tire every week until you find the perfect pressure for your front and rears.....heh i learned all of this in auto tech :)

the definition of perfect in this case is when all the tread is the same heighth....

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yf1 said:
Hey mate - I have the 512 tyres. They don't have a very stiff sidewall so the roll is to be expected. Try 36 pound but you may find it a little harsh on imperfect roads. How have you found wet weather performance with the 512? I think they are absolute shite in the wet - unless you like 4 wheel drifting :laugh:
I'll agree with you on the wet weather performance. I think the stock Michelen Pilot Sports performed better then they did. When dry, the 512's rock. After playing with the pressure I also came to the conclusion that they had soft sidewalls(I hate it :007: ) Well I got a good deal on them so I guess I can't complain.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Interesting...I thought air pressure was somewhow specific to the make/model
of the tire. So if I was to get Toyo Proxes-4, which have a max air pressure of 50 PSI, I should also inflate these to around 36 PSI?

G

·
studdly said:
Interesting...I thought air pressure was somewhow specific to the make/model
of the tire. So if I was to get Toyo Proxes-4, which have a max air pressure of 50 PSI, I should also inflate these to around 36 PSI?
I think it is also specific to mark/model of the car riding those tires. Different cars have different weight thus putting different pressure on tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts