Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 TSX.jpg

I first looked into AEM, its what I have on my honda -gave a it a great sound, and an obvious difference in horsepower.
But all they have for an 05 tsx is a short ram intake....
What are Your suggestions? ...Injen/fujita/AEM sri?

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have a fujita CAI and i love it ever since i put it in. definately makes a difference in sound and you feel a little more power.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
i have injen in cai mode. I like the fact that you have both options.

I used to have an AEM V2 in my accord..the injen sounds quite similar

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
It depends on your budget. I got a Fujita based on my situation at the time. There's a issue with the tab that you bolt to the battery tie down, but if you leave the nut loose, it'll not have all that stress on it since the engine rocks back and forth.

If I was to go back and do it again, I'd get Injen because of the 2 in 1 set up. But the Fujita is good too. You're just limited to a CAI.

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
I'm not sure about "Best Intake".. but I know Best "Affordable" Intake would have to be between the CT Icebox or the Injen CAI/SR Intake.. both give decent gains.. depends on your preference.. do you want a low key intake.. or a intake that goes berserk when you go "WOT" depends on you..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im not reall worried about the price, obviously im not going to put down like 5 bills on an intake alone. but I do want top of the line. I just dont get why AEM doesnt make a CAI for the 05 TSX. I began to do more research Injen is lookin better then fujita, not sure what the ct-e icebox is. I'll look into that now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol, I dont mind it being somewhat loud, I just want it to have a smooth low tone. Affordable is good, but being single in the Marine Corps.I dont mind paying for good quality you know?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I went with the Injen, its converts (SRI/CAI) its loud at full throttler but sounds great.

·
Registered
667 Posts
^ ARMY FTW lol jk

FYI a CAI will make more noise vs a SRI. i would say get Injen intake and if the CAI annoys the hell out of you, you can always go for the SRI conversion. either way, they both give good gains so it dont really matter
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure SRI are louder on average over the CAI. My Apexi SRI is obnoxiously loud but only under heavy throttle, any cars I've driven in with CAI have always been quieter.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
i have an aem sri and i like it. gives it a nice sounding growl but if you wanted something a little less quiet then i wouldnt recommend it

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
the best intake is the one you get for free by test fitting :festive:

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure SRI are louder on average over the CAI. My Apexi SRI is obnoxiously loud but only under heavy throttle, any cars I've driven in with CAI have always been quieter.
i had a SRI for my 1993 civic and it was quiet, i converted to CAI and it was loud. but i have never gotten an intake for the TSX but thought it was going to be the same since theyre both 4 cylinder but probably not eh??..

speaking of heeltoe intake shootout, any updates yet??

EDIT: i have something to add, just buy a pipe intake from ebay and then buy the best filter once we find out about it

1 - 20 of 38 Posts