Acura TSX Forum banner

Whats the BEST intake for my 05 TSX?

23K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  Fox06TSX 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Rim

I first looked into AEM, its what I have on my honda -gave a it a great sound, and an obvious difference in horsepower.
But all they have for an 05 tsx is a short ram intake....
What are Your suggestions? ...Injen/fujita/AEM sri?

See less See more
#8 ·
It depends on your budget. I got a Fujita based on my situation at the time. There's a issue with the tab that you bolt to the battery tie down, but if you leave the nut loose, it'll not have all that stress on it since the engine rocks back and forth.

If I was to go back and do it again, I'd get Injen because of the 2 in 1 set up. But the Fujita is good too. You're just limited to a CAI.

#9 ·
I'm not sure about "Best Intake".. but I know Best "Affordable" Intake would have to be between the CT Icebox or the Injen CAI/SR Intake.. both give decent gains.. depends on your preference.. do you want a low key intake.. or a intake that goes berserk when you go "WOT" depends on you..

#10 ·
Im not reall worried about the price, obviously im not going to put down like 5 bills on an intake alone. but I do want top of the line. I just dont get why AEM doesnt make a CAI for the 05 TSX. I began to do more research Injen is lookin better then fujita, not sure what the ct-e icebox is. I'll look into that now.

#24 ·
You guys are under us, Department of the Navy... and no you guys are not in the men's department...

^ ARMY FTW lol jk

FYI a CAI will make more noise vs a SRI. i would say get Injen intake and if the CAI annoys the hell out of you, you can always go for the SRI conversion. either way, they both give good gains so it dont really matter
Ya'll just not right in the head... For example, wearing ACU's (yes I am VERY familiar with them, Im wearing them now..) in the desert and just got worse with multi-cams... (dark green for desert combat wear o_O) I guess its not really Army I have beef with... but National Guard...

USAF FTW! :tu:
You guys need to know how to fix C-17's... A big reason why Im still here instead of somewhere else I need to be....

Wooo I just needed to vent... BTW go with the Injen :D

#16 ·
i have an aem sri and i like it. gives it a nice sounding growl but if you wanted something a little less quiet then i wouldnt recommend it

#19 ·
the best intake is the one you get for free by test fitting :festive:

#22 ·
I heard that Fujita intakes are known to give trouble?

I personally went with the MR Tech Injen SRI/CAI. I have it in SR mode for the winter.
Personally I think Injen is the most affordable and smartest way to go.

AEM only makes the SRI.. I would get that if you don't plan on doing Cold Air.

K&N Has the Typhoon CAI I believe which is also good.

You make the decision, buddy! :festive:

#32 ·
the stock air intake duct has ruptured... does anyone know how much OEM is? I'm kind of contemplating a SRI since it looks more durable. i had already made a DIY one with a short pipe + a KN filter... don't know if that's what made the OEM pipe rupture tho...

thnx

edit: $140CAD parts and labor. mind as well get a SRI.

#34 ·
i have one question nobody has touched on in this topic... If you go with a CAI, don't you risk the fact of HL...(HYDRO-LOCK) only reason i ask, is because, i wound up HLing my RSX going on a slight up hill and hit a puddle of water and BAM! no more Power... No More Starting my motor... :-( is there any ways of getting around HLing your Motor if you have a CAI vs a SRI.. i'd stick to SRi just because of the safety!!! i don't wanna blow my 06 CL9..
But by far CAI was the way to go for power!!! CAI FTW!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.