Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What distinguishes the U.S. TSX and U.S. Accord other than the make and appearance that attracts people to buy the TSX over the Accord? Most of the comfort and luxury features in the TSX can be had in the Accord. The Accord can be bought with a more powerful engine than the TSX. So what's the difference that makes people prefer the TSX over the Accord?

·
Data scientist/programmer
1,114 Posts
better vtec, less bulky, made in japan, not as common...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
6,313 Posts
handles alot better, it is nimbler, lighter, sportier, sexier, less "family man" alternative to the accord.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
fadinglionhart said:
better vtec, less bulky, made in japan, not as common...
Not just made in Japan.... it is designed in Japan and also designed for Japan

·
Registered
539 Posts
The US Accord and TSX sound very similar on paper (features, size, luxury, safety, price, etc). You just have to sit in an Accord and drive it. You will then realize the Accord is basic transportation. It gets you to A to B with no expectations of being nothing more than just basic transportation.

Take the same test drive in the TSX in any model year. Then you feel the difference in the superior quality of the Acura brand. Just take a test drive in both cars and then let us know what you think.

·
3,913 Posts
I have driven both extensively. The interior of the current-gen Accord is very nice and very similar to the TSX, and I would say is on par with the TSX. If you take out the differences in appearance and size between the two, the major difference between the two is the Accord can be had with a V6. However, the unseen differences between the two really come down to the driving characteristics of the cars - the TSX is built to handle more aggressively and sportily than the Accord. The TSX is smaller, lighter and more nimble, and if you get the manual transmission, you will definitely notice the difference there.

I wouldn't say the Acura has superior quality, just different driving characteristics which are suited for different conditions and needs. If I had a family or had to spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic every day, the Accord would be a very pleasant and valid alternative to the TSX for me. The Accord's V6 is very smooth and it provides a nice, comfortable ride, but try to do more than moderate cornering in it and its tires will squeal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i actually recently purchased a 2007 tsx and my friend recently purchased a 2007 accord v6 sedan.

these two vehicles are extremely similar. the interior looks exactly the same. although the accord looks bigger, it seems to have the same room inside as the tsx. his accord also came with heated seats, sunroof, leather, etc.

the biggest differences are that the accord doesnt have xenons, but it has the v6. the tsx is definitely lighter, but the v6 definitely feels more powerful. my friend's accord also was only 25k, compared to my tsx for 29.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ive driven both. test drove both before i bought the accord.

accord has less power... thats a duh.
its heavier, not too much though.
tsx is narrower(one reason why i picked the accord... im big. well my legs are long so ehh. even in the accord they hit the dash. tsx felt like my friends bmw)
tsx is sportier.
tsx feels better in the turns(accord does too with 20mm tl sway. will feel better with 6mt strut)

and thats all i can think of right now. i needa sleep lol

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
tdizzle26 said:
What distinguishes the U.S. TSX and U.S. Accord other than the make and appearance that attracts people to buy the TSX over the Accord? Most of the comfort and luxury features in the TSX can be had in the Accord. The Accord can be bought with a more powerful engine than the TSX. So what's the difference that makes people prefer the TSX over the Accord?
a whole lot :russ: , I've got one of each: 2004 Accord LX( :007: ) and 2004 TSX

·
, Moderator Emerita
17,179 Posts
pizzaman555 said:
Both are great cars but the TSX just looks better.

Agreed! :nod:

One of my friends once brought that to my attention! She said that she liked my car, but she also mentioned that the navigational is the same and is 10k less than my car! But I told her that the Accord does NOT compare to my car! hahahaha I love my car and the body and shape of it is ten times better than the Accord!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have a 06 tsx, my dad has the 06 accord V6. His car is much more powerful, my car handles much better, and looks much better. other than my Navi, features are pretty much the same. he also has leather, heated seats, cd changer, etc. obviously i have more features, as in the nav, bluetooth, memory seats, auto dimming mirror, but i think thats it.

honestly, i got my dad's accord at a steal of a price, 06 with 17k miles on it for only $16,500, EX, leather, V6, power everything, cd changer, moon roof, etc. my tsx was $11k more....if i would have found that deal a year earlier, i would have bought the accord for myself and just spent $2k and put a navi/bluetooth pioneer system in it.......but regaurdless im happy with my car.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
04whitetsx said:
tsx is more luxury while v6 manual accord will be a bit quicker.

But auto vs auto not that big of diference I think.
no...auto Accord is still alot faster....i think it's faster than TL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts