Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DESI SHER
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was thinking about buying blacked out headlights but wasn't sure which one to buy or what the difference was. I know the projectors in these suck .. so i was going to swap them out for my oem one .. ( anyone have a DIY link how i go about doing that?)

So the one I was looking into buying was $191 shipped ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-05-ACURA...es&fits=Model:TSX&hash=item46083f23bb&vxp=mtr

and then i see a lot off people on the forum talk about depo and see these are more expensive..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2008-A...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4847836ad9&vxp=mtr

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
For the first one I do not see a brand like the second which is Depo. As for swapping the projectors I know on the Depo projectors the bolt pattern is different and won't match up.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
i think you can swap projectors. I know for a fact on the depos, the design even for the 06-08 euro R ones were based off the 04-05 headlights LOL. This makes it tough for us 06-08 guys to properly mount the ballast under the headlight...for starters.

I believe the mounting points for the projectors (swap) didnt line up either. I think the 04-05 clear lens projectors would work (06-08 has frensel lens for safety).

Amrit: You should look into the heeltoe article Marcus has posted on his site.

I would get depos...they are replicas just like the first link but they have been proven. Not sure who has bought the 1st link. Maybe others can chime in.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Theres also a chance it can both be depo. Try contacting them and see who makes those headlights. Thats darn cheap.

·
DESI SHER
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can use 06-08 lights also right ? they all are plug and play ? .. i really want blacked out lights but idk if i should risk for 191 one

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
i can use 06-08 lights also right ? they all are plug and play ? .. i really want blacked out lights but idk if i should risk for 191 one
Yes they will work fine. Al the parts are plug and play. The only difference is the size of the ballast on the 04-05 and 06+

1 - 9 of 9 Posts