Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry if this is a repetion of a previous thread. I examined and test drove a few cars and finally decided to make the plunge and get a TSX. The issue is that I'm planning on getting a 2005 6mt w/ NAVI which seems to be in shortage down here in Socal and I was informed by multiple dealers that it would have to be ordered. I was wondering how the bargaining process works? My friend told me I would have much less bargaining power since the car couldn't be driven off the lot, but would I deal with the dealership differently than I would be if I were going to drive the car off the lot?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Jerome,
I just ordered my TSX Saturday. Same deal as you, I want the Carbon Gray, 6MT, Navigation and they say it needs to be ordered from Japan. I was told about 3 months wait to be conservative. I negotiated the price before we searched for the exact car, so I found the best way is to get a quote through the internet before visiting them (I got $1,000 off invoice). Can anyone tell me, is 12 weeks the very longest it should take? I live on the East Coast.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Mine was order end of jan.. but they dealer called me 7 days later and said it was in.. they probably got some on the boat already..

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
I dont understand why you would agree to buy a car your not going to drive home that day. When I ordered my CG w/navi, all I had to do was put a $100 deposit (a check, not cashed) down so that when the car came in (which was about a week later), I could go to the dealer and have first dibs on purchasing it.

Or am I reading you guys wrong? Did you negotiate the deal with no money changing hands?

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
joerockt said:
I dont understand why you would agree to buy a car your not going to drive home that day. When I ordered my CG w/navi, all I had to do was put a $100 deposit (a check, not cashed) down so that when the car came in (which was about a week later), I could go to the dealer and have first dibs on purchasing it.

Or am I reading you guys wrong? Did you negotiate the deal with no money changing hands?
Wait, so you're telling me that you ordered it and put a $100 deposit, but someone may have gone in there right when the car arrived and purchased it from under you? That doesn't sound right? Did you sign a contract when you put the deposit down?

Wait, I'm an idiot. They would call you up and ask you if you still wanted it and if you didn't then you would get your deposit back. Is that what you're saying?

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
virtualbong said:
Wait, so you're telling me that you ordered it and put a $100 deposit, but someone may have gone in there right when the car arrived and purchased it from under you? That doesn't sound right? Did you sign a contract when you put the deposit down?

Wait, I'm an idiot. They would call you up and ask you if you still wanted it and if you didn't then you would get your deposit back. Is that what you're saying?
:D Exactly to the second paragraph. With the deposit, that insured me of being able to purchase the very first cg w/navi that came on the lot. So in my case, they called a week later, I went down to the dealer, neged the price, got my 100 check back, and drove off. And even if things went wrong, or if I didnt want it, I still would have got the check back. I signed a form that said I would. The process was painless...

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
joerockt said:
:D Exactly to the second paragraph. With the deposit, that insured me of being able to purchase the very first cg w/navi that came on the lot. So in my case, they called a week later, I went down to the dealer, neged the price, got my 100 check back, and drove off. And even if things went wrong, or if I didnt want it, I still would have got the check back. I signed a form that said I would. The process was painless...
In my case, I actually worked out everything and signed a contract. So I think my situation could be different. Did you finalize the price with the Acura Finance person?

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
virtualbong said:
In my case, I actually worked out everything and signed a contract. So I think my situation could be different. Did you finalize the price with the Acura Finance person?
I didnt finalize anything until the car showed up, and I dealt directly with the sales manager at the table. Why would I buy something that dosent exist? Whats to prevent them now from holding out when it convinient for them to get you the car?

So you signed for a car you dont own yet? Has money changed hands? Please tell me your not making payments on a car you dont own???

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
JDM TSX said:
i didnt leave anything... no deposit, no check, nothing. when my car came in, they called me, and i went in to do the contract. i guess if what you're asking is did i negotiate on the car before hand? yes, we went through numbers only because i knew my credit rating and how much i had down... i had some special privledges since i work at the honda dealer down the street. i didnt give any money till my car was parked outside the dealer and i didnt sign anything until it was actually on site, but i had a deal negotiated before the car was delivered with a down, rate, and payment specified.

mine took about 2.5 - 3 weeks to come in... had 3 miles on it when i drove it home.
I see...I guess as long as no money is exchanged, this is ok. I would rather do everything at once though. I went into my dealer at 6:00pm on the last Friday of the month. Both negotiation and paperwork were rather quick, and since the manager wanted to leave for the day, he seemed more apt to give me what I wanted, which was 27,100...Almost $2K off of msrp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts