Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 auto TSX w/ navigation started having electrical problem last week. When I was driving, the navigation screen could restart for no reason. It happens several times already. Today the gas pedal is not working suddenly. When I pressed the gas pedal, it didn't accelerate. I had to stop the car and restarted the engine. Could anyone give me an idea what might be the problem? I think I'll go to a mechanic shop next week.

Thanks in advance

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Hello Sir, do you know where your ecu is/how to access it? It is between driver and copilot foot wells, in the middle console behind/below your radio. There is 1 cover left and right, attached by 1 plastic Philips head (cross) screw each. There have been cases of the ECU getting wet/corroded. You can see this corrosion from the outside/you do not have to remove the ECU to see this!!!
You can also check your fuse boxes, one in the engine bay, the other inside the left hand (drivers) kick panel, but i doubt it is a fuse... they are either burnt or not... they do not work one moment, strike the next and then work again, atleast not without having been changed.
ACC-Man

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I searched the problem in Google and found it could be the battery connection was not good. So I just tightened up the battery cable during the weekend. It seems working till now (knock on wood) since the problem was gone after the fix. But I did see the battery corrosion around the connection. So I might need to clean up the corrosion some time too.

Hello Sir, do you know where your ecu is/how to access it? It is between driver and copilot foot wells, in the middle console behind/below your radio. There is 1 cover left and right, attached by 1 plastic Philips head (cross) screw each. There have been cases of the ECU getting wet/corroded. You can see this corrosion from the outside/you do not have to remove the ECU to see this!!!
You can also check your fuse boxes, one in the engine bay, the other inside the left hand (drivers) kick panel, but i doubt it is a fuse... they are either burnt or not... they do not work one moment, strike the next and then work again, atleast not without having been changed.
ACC-Man

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
I searched the problem in Google and found it could be the battery connection was not good. So I just tightened up the battery cable during the weekend. It seems working till now (knock on wood) since the problem was gone after the fix. But I did see the battery corrosion around the connection. So I might need to clean up the corrosion some time too.
Good work! Isn't it a great feeling finding answers to troubles yourself and saving money doing so?
Question: did you just tighten the bolt on the battery pole? It may be good to loosen the bolt as much as possible, push the connector down as far as possible onto the pole, then retighting. Reason: the poles are slightly cone shaped, and you want the best contact possible. Removing rust under the ground cables is good too...
ACC-Man

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good work! Isn't it a great feeling finding answers to troubles yourself and saving money doing so?
Question: did you just tighten the bolt on the battery pole? It may be good to loosen the bolt as much as possible, push the connector down as far as possible onto the pole, then retighting. Reason: the poles are slightly cone shaped, and you want the best contact possible. Removing rust under the ground cables is good too...
ACC-Man
Yes, I'm feeling very good for fixing this issue by myself! :) After I tightened up the connection a few days ago, I opened up the hood again today. I tried to clean up the corrosion. I noticed the battery positive terminal clamp was not in good shape. There are some corrosion with the clamp too. I think I will prepare some coca or baking soda next time to fix the issue. I also learned to apply some Vaseline on the terminal to prevent the corrosion. Unfortunately I don't have coca/baking soda/Vaseline now, otherwise I could have fixed it today. Anyway, it's good to know it's not a big issue like ECU at this time. Thank you for your suggestion!

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Sir, imust excuse myself for jumping to conclusions.. thinking, or perhaps 'almost' having you thinking it was your ECU.. I tend, usually to start with 'small' checks, as you have done. Most problems have small to reasonable fixes... if it doesn't have a 'mechanical/grinding/blowing smoke' side effect, then it is, for the better part, a fix most people can repair themselves.. most ppl... electrics/electronics is a science in itself.. sometimes only a witch doctor can help.. have heard of a few instances where the Dealership itself cannot find/fix issues.. then they follow what the manual says and follow word for word the flowcharts in the troubleshooting guide.. and still get nowhere, changing sensors, harnesses etc in a futile search for fixes..
ACC-Man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts