Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one of the new guys.:dr:

Let me start off by saying that in the future I may have a few questions for some of you all to answer and I'll probably ask a couple on this post as well lol so lets try and keep away from the harsh remarks.

I'm getting ready to purchase an 05 TSX (color: graphite). The car already has what I believe is an A-spec kit all around. I plan on removing the spoiler.

If someone can help me in deciding what 5 things I should add first it would be great! I plan on making some adjustments in the near future. Wish me luck!

Heres the Tsx:

·
JTuned
442 Posts
what kinda mods are you planning on?

as far as top 5 things, your number 1 when buying a used car is maintenance; make sure the motor has been maintained with the routine oil changes and whatnot. If in doubt, do it again.

as for cosmetic, maybe fog lights and visors. are you planning on dropping it? if so, invest in front and rear camber kits to save your tires when purchasing the suspension.

good luck and have fun!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kinda mods are you planning on?

as far as top 5 things, your number 1 when buying a used car is maintenance; make sure the motor has been maintained with the routine oil changes and whatnot. If in doubt, do it again.

as for cosmetic, maybe fog lights and visors. are you planning on dropping it? if so, invest in front and rear camber kits to save your tires when purchasing the suspension.

good luck and have fun!!
I plan on dropping it, adding wheels, I will add fog lights, and I haven't made up my mind about the visors yet. Also do you know anything about mugen grills? I heard you have to by another piece also or else it won't fit.....is that true?

and I will check on the maintenance.

BTW does anyone know what this is for? its posted on both sides of the car

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you know which part on the car is manufactured by them? It does have blue break calipers but it does not say "spoon" anywhere on them.

any help would be nice, where to check, where I can find another logo, etc.!!! thanks

·
JTuned
442 Posts
I plan on dropping it, adding wheels, I will add fog lights, and I haven't made up my mind about the visors yet. Also do you know anything about mugen grills? I heard you have to by another piece also or else it won't fit.....is that true?
That is correct, also you will need the Japanese/European spec front bumper for it to mount properly. You will need to purchase the radiator cover from those spec bumpers also.

BTW does anyone know what this is for? its posted on both sides of the car
those are just generic stickers/plaques. i'd personally take them off. the picture is of the Spoon crane. Its a Honda/Acura aftermarket parts company that makes performance parts.

·
JTuned
442 Posts
Would you know which part on the car is manufactured by them? It does have blue break calipers but it does not say "spoon" anywhere on them.

any help would be nice, where to check, where I can find another logo, etc.!!! thanks
Spoon calipers will say Spoon on them

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I had to guess, probably just the decal.
i don't think someone would just stick 2 little decals on both sides of the car if there is was nothing installed....do you? theres no other decals on the car.

but the again who knows:squint:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is correct, also you will need the Japanese/European spec front bumper for it to mount properly. You will need to purchase the radiator cover from those spec bumpers also.
What brand(s) grills can I look at that will fit an 04-05 A-spec front bumper without any additions? and if there are any do u know what dealer site I can look at?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
i don't think someone would just stick 2 little decals on both sides of the car if there is was nothing installed....do you? theres no other decals on the car.

but the again who knows:squint:
the only thing i can think of is maybe a spoon front strut bar or camber kit.

It is possible that the previous owner had spoon stuff and then parted them out when he/she sold the car to you. either way, i'd remove the decals to give it a cleaner look, but it's ultimately up to you.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
What brand(s) grills can I look at that will fit an 04-05 A-spec front bumper without any additions? and if there are any do u know what dealer site I can look at?
only grill that will fit an 04-05 front well is the mugen grill.

Also, note that there is no special 04-05 a-spec bumper. all front bumpers in those 2 years are the same, it's just that you have the a-spec front lip under spoiler. you can look into getting jdm grills (honda, wald, etc.), but they will have a slight gap on the bottom of the grill, unless you get a jdm front bumper, which is hard to get and $$$.

heeltoeauto.com is a vendor on this forum that many of us frequent so check them out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts