Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I am new to the forum and have read alot on wheels, offsets, and tires. I have also read the 'tire selection/wheel size' post as well.

I have a 'new to me' '05 TSX, ALL stock.

I found a set of wheels/tires and am still not completely sure that the below wheel spec would be OK for my car:

17x7 40 offset. This is the Drag DR17 5 spoke 'look-alike' of the 5Zigen.

Tires on the above wheels are 215 45 17.

Would this be OK for my car?

I plan on keeping everything stock and later just have Tein Basis. I do not plan on 'slamming' the car or go very low, just slightly lower than stock which the Tein Basis fills my needs.

As far as the tires go, I understand it is a bit small but would eventually get stock size tires or go 225/50.

My main concern would be the wheels, would they be OK on my STOCK TSX?

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
652 Posts
...and have read alot on wheels, offsets, and tires. I have also read the 'tire selection/wheel size' post as well.
Then you'd know that our stock wheels are
17x7 +55 offset
215 50 17

You should be good.

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
Well, the tires on it now are 215 45 17...I know kinda small but maybe marginally OK???

Would 255/50 be a good combo with the above wheel?

Thanks.
I hope you meant 225/50 right...

but yeah, I just got a set and hopefully that will have improvement in ride quality vs. my 215 (no-brand tires on the car when I bought the car)..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.