Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didn't know where to put this but here I go:

So I was with my friend while he was putting new tires on his ride. Now he was going for a stretched set up so obviously the lip was a bit exposed. When they put the tires on, the guy set his wheels resting on a stack of tires. Eventually the stack gave since the weight of the wheel pushed it back, and caused the wheel to land straight on the back face. There was a loud ass sound. We didn't see it but we heard it. Everybody in the shop stopped their movement... When we checked, we didn't seem to find any damages but he was worried that there might be. I haven't encountered this before so I couldn't give him much info, but if a wheel falls like that could that possibly damage the wheel? I think his wheels are 3 piece and forged. If a crack was to result, would that throw off the balance? He doesn't seem to happy about this. It was a legit shop, just the guy who placed it there messed up big time. -_-

I don't want to hear any arguing about stretch vs. non-stretched blah blah blah

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Put the wheel on a balancer without the tire and have the machine spin it. You'll be able to see if there is a bend in it. If there is, the shop should pay for the repair or replacement. Bummer deal on this, accidents happen, hopefully the wheel isn't damaged.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
He should be alright, I happen to be going 80 on a freeway and hitting a large pothole and my wheel was fine. but then again it hit the tire instead of the wheel...

Trying to see if that makes your friend feel any better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts