Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im running 18" aspec wheels with a 55 offset and 225-40-18...im lowered on tein stech..what MM spacers should i get to achieve a good look?

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Yea define what look you want.... my guess is you want a flush look with your fenders I say 15mm up front and rear which would put you at +40 ... I was running 18x8 +40 and I was borderline with fenders...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok im thinkin 15mm! thanks! anyone know what companies make spacers where u dont have to install extended studs

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
ok im thinkin 15mm! thanks! anyone know what companies make spacers where u dont have to install extended studs
i have ichiba v1 spacers ..other are running project kics and spacers from ebay....keep in mind when using 10mm and up you have to use extended studs or cut your stock studs and use and adapter spacer type just because the stock studs might not fit behind the wheels causing you to cut them so it can be flushed with the spacer n the wheel can sit properly along the spacer....

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I'm 80% sure you wont' have to cut the OEM studs if you get 20mm or larger. This depends on how much space you have for the OEM studs to poke out behind the wheel. I went 15mm in the back and had to cut my stock studs w/ mugen GP wheels.

Get eBay spacers. I have a 15mm set. Only reason i got project kics in the front is taht they are the only company to make 10mm adapter type spacers.

HUB CENTRIC WHEEL SPACERS ADAPTERS 20MM TSX 2004-2008 | eBay

HUB CENTRIC WHEEL SPACERS ADAPTERS 25MM TSX 2004-2008 | eBay

Read this.
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-wheels/45793-spacing-out-mugen-gps.html

Also check this out (especially to post #5 in the thread)
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-wheels/42211-15mm-spacer-question.html

if you have about 3mm clearance behind the wheels then it looks like you'll want at least 20mm all around. Like i've recommended before, 20mm front and 25mm back is what you want if you're just gonna be lowered on s-tech springs. Even if you go coils later on and dump your car, i'm pretty confident that a roll and pushing in the fender liner is all you'll need to make it fit.

In the future, use the forum's search function to find stuff, as 90% of all questions that people ask here nowadays have been discussed already. Good luck.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
tekneek know what he talking aout i learned a lot about spacers and stuff...thanx to him and couple other members my setup went well...

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I agree that whatever spacers you run in the front, add 5mm for the rear. Also, with the A-Spec wheels, you will NOT have to cut your stock studs if you run 15mm adapter spacers. There's quite a bit of room in between the lug holes.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
yup certain wheels have space vs some wheels dont..in my opinion i think the adapter type is not safe... i went the extra mile and got extended studs and now im able to use any size spacers ...i got arp and there ery reputable...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Bringing it back! I have konig runaways 18x8 +46 and I want a more flusher wheel fender look. I was looking on ebay for some spacers but not sure what size I should get. I have the neuspeed cup kit with sport springs. If I'm not mistaken 1.5" drop in the front and 1" in the rear with the rear koni perches all the way down and the front 2 or 3 down since I think these have five perches?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts