Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
porkchop
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try and do my second diy, this is the diy for my project KICS spacers, they are 10mm spacers without hub-centric rings. The quality of these spacers is great, i just wish they made a hub-centric ring. Before i installed the spacer i painted the caliper, when i bought the car i painted it red, now that i installed the bbk upgrade i painted them black. It came out pretty good.

Because my wheels did not have space for the factory studs to poke threw, I had to cut my factory studs at the height of the spacers

this is a picture of what the hub looked like before the spacer was installed.

I threaded the provided nuts on to the factory studs to take a measurement of how much i had to cut off

I marked the studs to be cut with a marker, i marked them about two or three threads up from the nut to account for the space that the spacer takes on the stud.

I used a cutting disc on my grinder

this is just a cool pic of the action

This is what should be leftover

I put the spacer on the shortened studs and threaded the provided nuts. Its is very important to do this in a star pattern because you would want to center it perfectly. I torqued it to 82 nm

This is the finished product, enjoy your new flush look.

If there are any mistakes or anything missing let me know.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Good job bro! Do you get any vibrations from not having the hubcentric ring?

·
porkchop
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i get a vibration but i don't think it is hub related, it is only under load

·
porkchop
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are hub-centric rings for every other size acept for 10mm

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
dont mean to bring back the thread from the dead, but i was wondering if you HAVE to cut off lugs. as far as im concerned, i always thought spacers were just strict bolt on, i never knew you would have to cut off an extended area.

ive been doing some research and was wondering, cause i am trying to avoid going this route cause i surely would not be using the spacers for a long time anyways.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
dont mean to bring back the thread from the dead, but i was wondering if you HAVE to cut off lugs. as far as im concerned, i always thought spacers were just strict bolt on, i never knew you would have to cut off an extended area.

ive been doing some research and was wondering, cause i am trying to avoid going this route cause i surely would not be using the spacers for a long time anyways.
It all depends on how much space you have behind the wheel for the OEM studs to stick out. My enkei rpf1's were fine with 10mm front and 15mm in the back, but my mugen GP wheels has very little space for the OEM studs so I had to cut mine. It all depends on the wheel.

Stock studs are about 23mm long so 20mm spacers all around will pretty much clear any wheel without cutting.

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts

Only if the rims you will be using with the spacers don't have room for the factory studs to poke through.

Look at your rims and check between the lug holes for a gap deep enough for the the length of the factory studs minus the width of the spacer used.

If the gaps aren't deep enough or the rims don't have the gaps then you need to cut the studs.

:fro:

Reactions: Lexx

·
782 Posts
+2

Awesome. Thanks alot guys.. That actually just set my mind at ease.

My wheels are 18x8.5 +45, so you can see why I want to spacer it. But I'm just trying my best NOT to cut off the existing lugs as these wheels will only be temporary.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
you can also run arp extended studs as well.....

·
782 Posts
that's what i had in mind. seems the safest.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
I'm running arp extended studs and I couldn't feel more safer and happpy with them...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts